Latency of these data feeds

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Sky123987, Dec 15, 2007.

1. do you day trade asia... if so aren't your comissions incredible? I looked on the IB rates and they are .08% of trade value

#11     Dec 15, 2007
  2. that's good. I have genesis it is compatible with my ATS and I'm able to use their datafeed... I'll probably stick with it

#12     Dec 15, 2007
  3. I trade futures and forex. Commissions are very reasonable.

#13     Dec 15, 2007
  4. Euler

Euler

Spec,

Are you happy with Activ?

My list of possible feed providers includes Activ, Essex Radez, Reuters, Comstock, and Infodyne. Activ may be at the top of my list as they seem to be pushing the envelope, e.g. by designing specialized silicon for their options feeds (not something I probably would use at the moment, but got to give them credit for pushing the field forward, right? ;)

Anyone care to comment on the above vendors? There seems to be scant information comparing them on the Web. I guess not a huge number of people are actually in the market for this! Are there other Web sites where people who use these feeds hang out, or is it just not discussed very much at all?

Believe it or not, I'd actually LIKE to get compressed data. Options take so much bandwidth these days. And having to get a large amount of Radianz bandwidth would get super expensive, wouldn't it?

I'd like direct Linux/Unix access to the data, too.

#14     Dec 17, 2007
  5. The feed is superb, and C++ API is very solid. API coverage includes various UNIX flavors, which is hard to find even among professional data vendors.

#15     Dec 17, 2007

6. Checkout STAC http://www.stacresearch.com

If your seriously looking for solid benchmarks for various datafeed providers you might want to consider STAC a bunch of smart guys out of Reuters who recently started this company to do performance measurement testing specific combinations of application, middleware, operating system, processor, and network technologies against particular benchmarks - especially market data.

Best of luck.

#16     Dec 18, 2007
  7. You can afford to colo at NYSE and are modeling data in Terabytes?? Why are you not running your own ticker plant???

#17     Dec 18, 2007