Late rallies rouse suspicions CBS.MarketWatch.com

Discussion in 'Politics' started by harrytrader, Oct 25, 2003.

1. do you have a journal on ET where you post your revelations some time in advance or do you just sprinkle all ET forums with them? The former would be more advisable...

#31     Oct 25, 2003
  2. Sprinkle is pretty accurate.

#32     Oct 25, 2003
  3. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I would agree that techs have lead this rally since the start. However, dont sell the CYCs to short. MMM has been a hell of a mover and is still strong.

CYC and even the Bkx, xbd have acted strong. Now the question is, if we take a dive, will the Tech money flow into the CYCs, or even some of the BKX, XBD, or will the flight to quality not happen and a flight to safty, such as bonds and even GOLD.

i guess we will have to wait and see.

But, the SOX and semis were leading, Msft was a part, but the main push on the nasdaq was from the SOX.

#33     Oct 25, 2003
  4. Now that is a great idea. I, for one, get tired of having to read a number of threads started in the Trading Forum that are nothing more than a link to a news story.

Great idea electron.

Harry.... think about it because most of this stuff belongs in ChitChat anyway.

#34     Oct 25, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

How 'bout "spray"?

#35     Oct 25, 2003
  6. lol

#36     Oct 25, 2003
  7. balda

balda

I would like to see more posts like this when people share there annalists, it really puts some sense behind the moves.

#37     Oct 25, 2003
  8. We did fall 80 points on the NDX in the space of 3 days, and considering how close to the highs we were when it started this descent, a bit of a bounce shouldn't surprise anyone here.

#38     Oct 25, 2003
  9. No , harry, there is no tautology there. The quote does require some insight into the way the market works however.

#39     Oct 25, 2003
  10. I will come to this thread later once I will make another thread regarding Efficiency theory - in a thtread which will be untitled "Stock market and long term memory effect" - and relating with Jensen I quote today:

A new inspirational quote everyday. For Sunday October 26th:
    "A market is efficient with respect to information set Omega{t} if it is impossible to make economic profits by trading on the basis of information set Omega{t}"
    -- Jensen, "Some Anomalous Evidence Regarding Market Efficiency" - Journal of Financial Economics, Vol.6, pp.95-101, found in "Stock Market and Modeling Stock Market returns", by Valérie Mignon, Economica 1998 collection Advanced Economic Knowledge

#40     Oct 26, 2003