Last US troops leave Iraq as war ends

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

LOL, so your big reason for supporting Obama when his foreign policy is exactly the same as W's is because he is slightly better then John McCain, the biggest neo con of all times in terms of foreign policy? Nice to see you set the bar so high for obama.

I suppose when/if we end up at war with Iran on Obama's watch, then you will be justifying it by telling us that Obama is still better than Adolf Hitler.

#41     Dec 18, 2011
  2. Obama would have never invaded Iraq

#42     Dec 18, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL :D

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

This is late 2011, right?

McCain isn't even remotely relevant to what is happening now, right?

#43     Dec 18, 2011
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

He had no problem dropping bombs on Libya, and without congressional consent no less.

He had no problem ignoring Pakistan's sovereignty to assassinate Bin laden.
    (Which I approve of BTW)

He has no problem detaining or assassination American citizens without due process.

Many prominent democrats at the time were convinced, publicly acknowledged and voted in favor of the invasion.

So...just how is it exactly that you KNOW for a fact that Obama would not have invaded Iraq?
    Did he whisper this in your ear while you two were cuddling?

#44     Dec 18, 2011
  5. Max E.

Max E.

Not to mention Obama specifically wanted the language in the N.D.A.A. bill which would give him the authority to detain u.s. citiens indefinitely without a trial provided that the person had suspected ties to terrorism.

He stripped americans of their most fundamental freedom which is the right to a fair trial, and the right to be protected against unfair prosecution from the government. And liberals like AK47 remained silent.

Its amazing how Obama can do the exact same thing as Bush and in many cases like this one go even further in stripping us of our rights, and guys like ak will just tow the line, and blindly support him.

#45     Dec 18, 2011
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

That doesn't have anything to do with the stupid statement "If Obama wanted to stay longer, we'd stay longer" which is what I challenged.

But that was a pretty good attempt at redirecting my comments to something I was not talking about with the McCain stuff.

#46     Dec 18, 2011
  7. Chalk up another loss for America. We accomplished nothing that couldn't have been done with a couple of drones. The place was a shithole when we arrived and it's none the better as we leave. The Iraqi people are no safer, we are no safer and the world is no safer, let alone better. The clear winners, drum role please...the military industrial complex. Trillions in profits, and all it cost them was a few thousand American lives. Cha-ching.

#47     Dec 18, 2011
  8. Overkill.....hey, I had a three day weekend, feeling pretty good:D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jN7AFA_95XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#48     Dec 18, 2011

9. http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-turley-civil-liberties-20110929,0,7542436.story

Obama: A disaster for civil liberties

One man is primarily responsible for the disappearance of civil liberties from the national debate, and he is Barack Obama. While many are reluctant to admit it, Obama has proved a disaster not just for specific civil liberties but the civil liberties cause in the United States...

... President Obama not only retained the controversial Bush policies, he expanded on them.

... In time, the election of Barack Obama may stand as one of the single most devastating events in our history for civil liberties.

#49     Dec 18, 2011
  10. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yes but the world has been rid of the "Little White Pickup Truck" menace.

My understanding is that your man Obama has simply moved the troops into Jordan to be staged for Iran. I wouldn't wet my panties and award truckloads of additional Nobel prizes to Obama just yet Captain Oblivious.

#50     Dec 18, 2011