Discussion in 'Trading' started by BobbyMurcerFan, Sep 4, 2002.
Yeah me too. Almost. Getting close. (Not too close though).
lmao i find it hysterical that he does post after post with that same style. why on earth would someone write like that? i really can't understand anything he says and that is freaking hilarious! i'm sorry murray t, but it is funny!
haha it is funny.
Yeah, in history dude? Not even up there, man.
Hiroshima, Crusades, the Plague, WW1, WW2, American Civil War, the Holocaust, Vietnam, Collapse of the Soviet Union, Stalins execution of 30 million over a decade, this doesnt even scratch the surface.
No need to say you're sorry for "laughing' at murray. I'm convinced he writes like that on purpose. He's either an idiot, an idiot savant, or one of the most brilliant satirists of our time.
He is actually an idiot savant satirist who has no grasp of the english language because he is from a distant planet where reptiles rule ... hence the Turtle.
What is this, "Don't profit off the death of Americans mentality?" I'm mystified that anyone visiting this board would be so naive as to argue that executing a trade, or hedging a position, in the wake of September 11th somehow constitutes less than moral behaviour.
The business of America is business, right? Don't construe this as minimizing the impact on any one family of a loss of a member of that family to the September 11th events, but lets get some perspective. Those events were about a nation's loss of innocence, not a loss of life.
This country loses 40,000 people a year in highway accidents. Nobody boycotts the auto industry. It isn't even an issue in popular discussion. For christs' sake its our oil consumption, and policy associated with the flow of oil, that helped drum up the animosity which motivates much anti-American sentiment around the globe.
If this offends you then forgive my rant. Guess I'm just a little mystified at our selective focus on what is really costing us the lives of our young people. We have met the enemy, and the enemy is us.
By now everyone has been hearing the death toll rise and reports of the destruction from the terrorist attacks on the US. These were deplorable acts that we will never forget. But now is a time to look at the other side of the numbers coming out of New York, Washington and Pennsylvania. The sad but somewhat uplifting side that the mainstream media has not reported yet - the SURVIVAL rates and some positive news about the attacks.
*** The Buildings ***
* The World Trade Center - The twin towers of the World Trade Center were places of employment for some 50,000 people. With the missing list of just over 5,000 people, that means 90% of the people targeted survived the attack. A 90% on a test is an 'A'.
* The Pentagon - Some 23,000 people were the target of a third plane aimed at the Pentagon. The latest count shows that only 123 lost their lives. That is an amazing 99.5% survival rate. in addition, the plane seems tohave come in too low, too early to affect a large portion of the building. On top of that, the section that was hit was the first of five sections to undergo renovations that would help protect the Pentagon from terrorist attacks. It had recently completed straightening and blastproofing, saving untold lives. This attack was sad, but a statistical failure.
*** The Planes ***
* American Airlines Flight 77 This Boeing 757 that was flown into the outside of the Pentagon could have carried up to 289 people, yet only 64 were aboard. Luckily 78% of the seats were empty.
* American Airlines Flight 11 This Boeing 767 could have had up to 351 people aboard, but only carried 92. Thankfully 74% of the seats were unfilled.
* United Airlines Flight 175 Another Boeing 767 that could have sat 351 people only had 65 people on board. Fortunately it was 81% empty.
* United Airlines Flight 93 This Boeing 757 was one of the most uplifting stories yet. The smallest flight to be hijacked with only 45 people aboard out of a possible 289 had 84% of its capacity unused. Yet these people stood up to the attackers and thwarted a fourth attempted destruction of a national landmark, saving untold numbers of lives in the process.
*** In Summary ***
Out of potentially 74,280 Americans directly targeted by these inept cowards, 93% survived or avoided the attacks. That's a higher survival rate than heart attacks, breast cancer, kidney transplants and liver transplants - all common, survivable illnesses.
The Hijacked planes were mostly empty, the Pentagon was hit at it's strongest point, the overwhelming majority of people in the World Trade Center buildings escaped, and a handful of passengers gave the ultimate sacrifice to save even more lives.
Don't fear these terrorists. The odds are against them.
Sounds like it did its job!!
An architect told me that certain perculiarities in the design of the WTC allowed the building to sway and not topple over on impact of the planes. And it was some unique design characteristics of the WTC that caused them to fall straight down instead of sideways. Untold lives were saved because of the Towers' unique design.
ALRIGHT! Nice work guys! that's glass half full at its very best!
Separate names with a comma.