Last Half Hour

Discussion in 'Trading' started by ssternlight, Dec 1, 2006.

1. 100's of millions made in the rally?

100's of millions lost, in the same rally. Or did they fire up the printing presses?

#21     Dec 1, 2006
  2. i went long after it broke above S2
    i caught nowhere NEAR all of the move.

i caught 6, 9, and 16 points on the three contracts.

my methodology RARELY catches big moves (i'm a scalper)

i tend to be on the sidelines during the majority of most moves, or if in, only in on my last contract, having scaled out the first 1-4

#22     Dec 1, 2006
  3. "100's of millions made in the rally?

100's of millions lost, in the same rally. Or did they fire up the printing presses?"

in the case of futures, there is the exact same amount of money won vs. lost. that is a dynamic of the zero sum nature of futures.

however, in the case of EQUITIES, there can be far more money lost than won, or vice versa.

that's the nature of a NON-zero sum system and of the stock market since inception, or for that matter - many capital markets - from art dealing to real estate

#23     Dec 1, 2006
  4. The boyz and the plunge protection team at your service.

#24     Dec 1, 2006
  5. exactly 100% correct!!

No follow thru selling allowed baby $$

dip buyers always win $$$

#25     Dec 1, 2006
  6. that`s exactly what it was........which is synonymous with "their" buy program......no if`s,and`s or but`s about this one....that was absolutely filthy.............the necktie was getting a little to tight around the neckline.......good ole PPT there to loosen it up for them.

#26     Dec 1, 2006
  7. That was a Colombian Necktie in the last half hour. That was brutal. They ended up closing above the 8/21 ema on the daily chart. At least it isnt oversold going into next week. Nice work spooz.

#27     Dec 1, 2006
  8. LT701

LT701

i ended the day exactly flat, had been a nice day before that last run

many times, the last half hour goes in the direction against whoever lost that day, as margin calls liquidate

not today

#28     Dec 1, 2006
  9. This thread is pretty funny, with all of the PPT conspiracies and fund manager BS.

Try some goold old fashioned short-covering + beginning of the month programs hitting the tape "indexing" funds into the market.

No big mystery.

#29     Dec 1, 2006
  10. john99

john99

Look at the stats on the indices the last day of a month and the day following it. It looks interesting to me.

#30     Dec 2, 2006