Laser vs Sterling Trader Pro

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by LVtrader35, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Joab

Joab

That's the conclusion I've come to as well but even Laser seems to be in the dark ages to be honest.

Sure these are fast but they suck really.

I know we don't have too many choices if we want the speed but hell they put a man on the moon 40 years ago and you think that they would have made these platforms so much more technologically better by now.

:mad:

#11     Nov 30, 2007
  2. Wow - hard to believe it's that bad. I only reviewed the docs and they were much better than IB's. It appears as though almost all of these API's suffer in one form (design,implementation) or another(tech support,documentation).
    We're still in the Wild, wild west days of programmable trading. That's obvious.

#12     Nov 30, 2007
  3. mnx

mnx

I agree with both Syswizard and Shreddog...

Sterling has a few issues like Shreddog mentioned, but it's documentation and code examples are one thousand times better that what is available for LASER...

Genesis has no code examples other than that crappy Excel sheet on their website. I would have seriously considered joining Genesis if they had good code examples for download like Sterling has...

- mnx

#13     Nov 30, 2007
  4. I was torn to go with Genesis or Sterling... --> (Echo) I chose Genesis I use the laser API, and really couldn't complain, but like was mentioned there are no examples of API programs however it is well documented

#14     Nov 30, 2007