Laser Sucks!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VMTrader, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Perfect example is yesterday...am perfect when the highest volume occurs...pm falls apart...

#51     Jun 22, 2007

2. Genesis says they're on a 1 Gbps connection now, yet the problems persist.

#52     Jun 22, 2007
  3. All good companies ...have their issues...

Genesis is helping to fashion this industry ...because they have the right business model...and the right plan....They are growing fast....and I am sure they will resolve any issues...

Genesis is going to around for a long time.....

This is just another issue to resolve ...on the way up.....

#53     Jun 22, 2007
  4. :) That is what I tell myself when I am Long a stock that is going against me and I am not cutting it for a loss like I should.

I am not trying to make a comparison to Genesis, the language you used is just funny to me.

#54     Jun 22, 2007
  5. Does anyone run esignal and Laser at the same time? I want the charting capabilities of esignal, but I am hesitant over the drain on system resources. With a new dual-core pc, is it feasible to run both simultaneously?

#55     Jun 23, 2007
  6. Beast84

Beast84

Thug life, I am building a new dual core pc next week with dual video cards. You should not have a problem with the quotes as long as you have at least 2 gigs of fast ram. I am gonna have 4 gigs of ram just in case. Also, if you are using XP 64bit edition it will make things much smoother. Do not use VISTA it sucks balls.

Do not use a firewall and antivirus on when trading. Do not have have anything else using your bandwith while trading. Disable all unnecessary applications to speed up your cpu.

Do not use e-signal unless you wanna waste money. I recommend using QuoteTracker and getting the data feed from IQ Feed. You will save like $100/month.

#56     Jun 24, 2007
  7. Thanks.

For anyone trading Laser who sees BX this afternoon, can your software handle the volume?

#57     Jun 25, 2007
  8. EricP

EricP

I just pulled up BX on Laser. It looks fine here, but maybe trading has slowed down in BX in the last 15 min since your post. Also, note that I have a T1 internet connection, for what it's worth.

#58     Jun 25, 2007
  9. gkadir

gkadir

Same problem with laser today, has anyone else had the same?
    Volume picks up the software can't handle it.

#59     Jun 25, 2007
  10. gkadir

gkadir

Hi Eric,

How much do you pay for the T1? And who do you use?

Thx

#60     Jun 25, 2007