Laser Sucks!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VMTrader, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Anvil may be swell. But Laser is what I use and I'm just hoping the powerless that be wake up and fix the plaguing issues that don't seem to ever go away. Call me crazy but I think there is hope in the next 30 years.

#31     Jun 3, 2007
  2. they are all being set up to take our money

#32     Jun 18, 2007
  3. Normally I just read the boards here, but decided to get involved.

For you traders using laser.The last few months laser continues to be horrible.
    I am so fed up that I will be forced to leave. Is everyone else having these problems lately.

Crossed quotes especially Arca and EDGE.Highs and lows of day wrong. I can live with that.

Orders go in super slow on some days.

Is the software actually going to be fixed?They said they were going to do a whole bunch of stuff and the software has not improved.

Can some other traders please respond.

Can Genesis please respond on when this will be fixed or should I just go look to trade elsewhere.

I really want to stay. Laser is the BEST when it works.

Unfortunately right now its one of the worst.

P.S- Also we cant cross the market with ARCA anymore. Why can other people do it.

If you try to cross the market the order is cancelled immeditely. But get this. If I have a bid below the market so right now bid .10x.12

My bid .05 and now the market moves down and someone crosses me. Say INET crosses down to .05

My order sometimes gets cancelled.

I WAS THERE FIRST

He crossed me?????

Thats crap.

Comments are most welcome.

#33     Jun 20, 2007
  4. Crossed quotes
    Incorrect highs and lows
    Constant need to change chart and quote servers
    Horribly inadequate stop orders

It's the same old same old at Genesis. Funny thing is, I heard they actually have a fair number of programmers. So what the hell are they doing? Playing Pac Man and eating Cheetos all day?? Jesus.

#34     Jun 20, 2007
  5. john12

john12

why are red ink and several of the other laser guys on the p@l thread not complaining? reason i ask is i've looked at moving to genesis but this scares me. so your quotes are crossing with the bid higher than the ask? if thats the case you can't throw out market orders as the system won't take it. how often has laser gone down the past 1-2 years?is there tech support any good?

#35     Jun 20, 2007
  6. EricP

EricP

I've been with Genesis for almost three years now. They have definitely had some problems in recent months and seem to have a backlog of items needing to be addressed. In recent weeks, I also notice occasional times when ARCA/INET orders are not immediately accepted/cancelled (~2-10 second delay at times, but clears itself up on its own, maybe something I see once or twice per day, that happens during a two minute period, otherwise, immediate order processing). They have just hired an additional ~20 programmers, as I understand, and I'm sure it will take some time to get them up to speed before the new additions will be especially productive.

While I trade using their API, and not Laser, I believe that their system has been down 2-3 times in the past couple of years (one was a building power failure, and another was the loss of a major ISP feeding their site). In addition, they have the same route outages of other firms when NYSE/ARCA/EDGX/etc have problems and stop processing orders. Also, I recall they have had some charting problems in the past couple of months (but have since doubled the number of chart servers to help with this - I haven't seen any issues since, but others may have).

Regarding tech support... I can't comment on the tech support for Laser's front end, but for API users they have the best tech guys that I have ever worked with (and I have conducted automated trading at ~4 firms over the years).

#36     Jun 20, 2007
  7. John12,

May as well add my complaint in now seeing you are looking for more of us and we may I may as well also complain for redink as he is always trading with me.

These quotes are garbage, whenever volume picks up, the amount of times I have tried to punch out of orders and ARCA and BATS are stuck is really staring to make me angry as well. If we could go back a few months it would be great but asking these guys to do stuff is a waste of time.

Best key ever "inside smart buy" all of a sudden turns into a market order on an upgrade costs everyone $1k before they figure out what the hell is going on and 3 weeks later, we still have no answer as to why or what to do.

Good thing I am not spending a lot of time tradin right now cause i know i'd be one of the most angry on this thread. Hard to do 1 million shares a day when half of them are wrong prices and slow quotes.

MM

#37     Jun 20, 2007
  8. gkadir

gkadir

Guys there is more to this story, I think they have internal issues.
    These guys are in problems.

#38     Jun 20, 2007
  9. Lippy

Lippy

what do u mean gkadir??

#39     Jun 20, 2007

10. What do you mean by that exactly? You know something?? Spill it! ;)

#40     Jun 20, 2007