Laser Sucks!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VMTrader, Apr 18, 2007.

1. VMTrader

VMTrader

You're a bit of sourpuss Brownian - granted there are numerous things that could be improved(and customer service necessary for that is lacking. But speed and stability are the two most important things for an active trader. And if Laser is running well - it really is tops in those categories.

PS - WRT to stops - I use them regularly and apart from the usual slippage on fills for the fast movers - haven't had any triggers from off prints. This shouldn't be happening anyway because didn't they say they moved to server side stops. No se.

#111     Jul 25, 2007

2. Appreciate the sourpuss comment. I'll reserve my personal opinion of you "VMTrader."

Speed and stability are nothing to crow about. They're expected in any trading application and should never be considered a "feature."

You say "if Laser is running well..." That's the point. It hasn't been running well in the recent past.

Moreover, the other issues I listed are actual flaws of the program--in an absolute sense and/or when compared to other platforms. You can't refute that and it's not imaginary. Laser is simply deficient in these areas and Genesis has done nothing to address these important items for months or years--despite apparently hiring "20" programmers.

#112     Jul 25, 2007
  3. I AGREE WITH BROWN , THE SOFTWARE IS A JOKE, ALWAYS ISSUES, NEVER GETS FIXED, NEVER ENDING NIGHTMARE, TECHNICAL SUPPORT, WHAT SUPPORT? , THEY DON'T HAVE A CLUE.. IT WAS A GOOD SOFTWARE LONG TIME AGO, NO LONGER, ITS NOT WORTH USING FOR 0 COMM, PERIOD, A RISKY PROPOSITION . ONLY STATING THE FACTS FROM BEING A USER FOR OVER 2 YEARS, I KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT EVERY TIME THE SCREEN OPENS UP. ALL DOWN HILL FROM HERE. NO THANKS..

#113     Jul 25, 2007
  4. Guys, I switched to Lightspeed over a month ago. Have been a happy camper ever since. No problem w/ it today at all. Why put up with crap when you dont have to.

#114     Jul 25, 2007
  5. VMTrader

VMTrader

Sorry - BM - didn't mean to be rude at all. Just meant that I thought you were overly focused on the negatives. From my perspective - the major daily issues that rendered trading difficult from the March/April period have all but disappeared. That is the progress I'm referring to. That deficiencies remain is clear and that the process for addressing them is practically non-existent is also clear. That said - given your views - have you thought of going elsewhere?

#115     Jul 25, 2007