Laser Sucks!

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by VMTrader, Apr 18, 2007.

1. VMTrader

VMTrader

What is up with Genesis' Laser these days? It seems to be getting worse and worse. From one of the most reliable trading software out there to a nightmare. What the hell is going on? How did it get worse? And it's practically everday now!

2. Same here.....unfortunately...

However...all good firms have their growing pains..

I certainly hope that this will be resolved soon....

VMTrader...

What are your issues.....L2s not in sink with charts....up and down...off and on continually ?

3. gkadir

gkadir

Guys, I am getting concerned about laser. Level 2 keeps on refreshing and displaying incorrect quotes. I really thought it was my internet connection, but I called Genesis to confirm it was an issue on thier end.

A miske once in a while is ok, but not everday.....

Anyone know whats the real story behind this?

4. Laser has been worse than pathetic lately. Level II quotes are totally mismatched with trades, ECN bids/offers get stuck, and the charts have been all but worthless at the open.

Maybe Genesis doesn't have enough server capacity or maybe their software just plain sucks as this thread suggests.

Either way, in my opinion, Genesis advertising Laser as a state of the art platform could not be more misleading.

I strongly advise people to trade anywhere BUT Genesis until they fix these ongoing nightmares.

P.S. Genesis has still done nothing with their stops. They are as crappy as ever. If you need stops trade elsewhere because Genesis doesn't seem to care about improving them.

5. I just got a group of traders off of Laser, they seem very happy with the system they switched to.

6. There will be a lot of groups coming off Laser if this keeps up.

7. Is there a timeframe whereby these issues are expected to be resolved ?

8. VMTrader

VMTrader

^HA! You barely get a response. My main concern has been the marked deterioration in Laser. It used to be a great platform but I've no idea why things are getting worse. For me - the exceptionally poor customer service is the worst aspect of this.

9. But the rates are fantastic......oofa...

10. Excellent Commentary........

I have used a lot of different platforms over the years....and I really appreciate Genesis and what they have done for the industry...and are doing for the industry...

I have never used a system that did not have issues from time to time...

I really like the Genesis business model....and I think that they will be around for a long time...

I am just curious as to when these issues are going to be resolved...thats all....

#10     Apr 27, 2007