Las Vegas Trading expo

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by privateisland, Nov 15, 2003.

1. I stopped by and chatted with a gentleman from CBOT at their booth. I can't recall his name but after answering a few of my questions, he gave me a CD on bond trading, a CBOT T-Shirt and a reminder that a Jeff Campbell from CBOT will be giving a presentation tomorrow (Saturday 11:00am) on "Key Day Trading Strategies for the CBOT mini-sized Dow".

#31     Nov 22, 2003
  2. seisan

seisan

Where in the world is Andre' of Elite Trader?

As packed as the EXPO was yesterday afternoon - SRO workshops, and a crowded Exhibit Hall - I figure it'll be pure luck to run into Baron or Andre today, Saturday.

Met a computer trading systems configuration guy on the panel of "Overcoming Online Trading Hurdles". Since he stated a particular view on hyperthreading, I asked him to make a post today on the ET Hardware Forum's "New Computer Needed"...

And the usual stocking of fine-looking babes in the vendor booths....

#32     Nov 22, 2003
  3. Saw several of the ET'ers at the show already on Friday...just not all at once....

Baron was looking pretty "buff"....I guess he's working out and preparing for battle, just in case....LOL

I've got to get in there for a 9:30 AM show this morning, stage 1...

This afternoon at 3:30 Stage 2....and then the Reception back at the office for those who want to come by.

Tomorrow, Sunday...1:30 Presentation, and then to the Office again for those who couldn't make it on Saturday....

Long weekend...

Enjoyed meeting with SilverStream (Norm), Doria (Ben), Generic (ProActive Dave) for dinner last night.

A day full of meetings.....hope to see some of you there...booth 528....

Don

#33     Nov 22, 2003
  4. MrDinky

MrDinky

Nice plug for ET, Don, during your morning session. Haven't seen many ET'ers, though. Missed the early meet.

:cool:

#34     Nov 22, 2003
  5. MrDinky

MrDinky

With a few of the best being right across from the Bright booth. You couldn't have planned that one better.

#35     Nov 22, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Lots od e-Mini booths. The best is the Floor Pass. Mitchel is a great trader according to my friend.

Had a chance to have QuoteTrader brothers to go over the 2 windows between Datek & IB, trade dorectly thru QT. Find out how to have multiple time frame charts opened & link together. Now I can get rid of QCharts. I love my QT!

Went to the TradeSecrets option presentations.

Lots of T-shirts from exchanges.

Will atten Tony Oz presentations.

#36     Nov 23, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

sound like fund, can't wait until NY expo.

#37     Nov 23, 2003
  8. Andre

Andre

Had a chance to have quotetracker brothers to go over the 2 windows between Datek & IB

Yep, I was stoked to meet the Medveds. I just wanted to shake their hand and say... Thanks, maaan. Ended up chatting with Jerry and Mike for maybe a half an hour. Sure enjoyed it. What a program they've got.

André

#38     Nov 24, 2003
  9. Spent Thursday and Friday with the traders from Redwood Trading (WOW...had a great day Friday from 06:00 to about 13:30 Vegas time enjoying the great trading room with the wonderful 5th floor view of the mountains). The Vegas Redwood traders were a great group, I was very impressed with what I saw both days. Met the group from Assent on Saturday (adding Futures and they have an Austin office!) and spent some time with several other people while there (Steve Nison - Candlecharts/Fari Hamzei - Hamzei Analytics/Traders International/Medved brothers). Met "PrivateIsland" and his wife...Great Couple! Overall I thought the show was pretty good and I will most likely go to another show in the spring or summer. I was very busy researching my options for when I leave SWA and I left Vegas early on Saturday...wished I had more time to stay!

Chris

BTW, Thanx to John/Rich/and Cody for letting me use one of your trade desks all day Friday...I loved it...I could get used to that view!

#39     Nov 24, 2003
  10. Don did give a good shout out for ET as the best damn trading site on the web, or something similar to that.

The expo though really needs to break the sessions down better. 80% of the ones I went to were day-trading 101 stuff. A lot of newbies there but still they should have had some more advanced topics.

I would say half the crowd not only didn't know about the recent bullet decision but they didn't even know what a bullet was.

Cybertrader bought a lot of drinks at the reception they had, I know that much.
    :p

There platform is looking pretty sharp as well. Big upgrade comming in Feb I belive. To bad there rates are so nosebleed.

#40     Nov 24, 2003