Las Vegas traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NasdaqTrader, Sep 5, 2002.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

Depends on what your priorities are. Don's right in saying the West (Summerlin) and Southeast (Green Valley/Henderson) areas of town are the nicest areas to live. As a rule of thumb, the closer you are to the strip the worse the crime but there are exceptions. An address outside of the Las Vegas city limits can save on insurance too. No matter where you live, it's not difficult to get to the strip.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/relocation/

DSL depends on how far away you are from a Central Office. Broadbandreports.com can help determine availability once you have an address. Cable is almost everywhere but they started capping data transfer on residential service so plan on getting a commercial line if you trade out of your house.

:cool:

#41     Feb 3, 2003
  2. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I am trading full time at home & has a luxry car. Do not want to be burgulized. Love to go to restaurant. May have to go to an Apartment locator.

#42     Feb 3, 2003
  3. don't worry, there are that many apartment buildings going up everywhere it's not funny... just pick up an apartment guide from some place (they're everywhere..)...

just in case you need to be told one more time, the west and south east is where you wanna be looking.

summerlin (west) will get you to the strip a little quicker, but overall, traffic isn't a huge hassle wherever you are..

#43     Feb 3, 2003
  4. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Thanks! I have already talked to an apartment locator: http://www.lasvegasapartments.com/staff.html

She will guide me, hopefully to the right location with DSL & cable modem.

Now I have to worry about how to move my stuff, including should I drive to LV from Fl by myself.

#44     Feb 4, 2003
  5. cashonly

cashonly Bright Trading, LLC

If you want cheap, I've used www.upack.com - it beats renting a "Ya'll Haul" anyday!

Cash

#45     Feb 4, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

I do not have furnitures, therefore do not have a trialer full of stuff. Just have too much for my car with computer system, books, clothes, etc. Friends suggest that I use UPS/Grey Hound to mail them.

#46     Feb 4, 2003
  7. no you should not drive by yourself. you should invite vinny and his alter egos... they could drive the whole way while you sleep, but you'd need a station wagon to fit them all in... and a roof-rack for a moderator so he could critique "their" driving! :D

#47     Feb 4, 2003
  8. MrDinky

MrDinky

Heh... that must be the North Carolina regional office.

:cool:

#48     Feb 4, 2003
  9. MrDinky

MrDinky

There's hundreds of girls thumbing their way to Vegas to make a better life for themselves. Didn't you ever see the movie "Showgirls"? :D

#49     Feb 4, 2003
  10. cheeks

cheeks

I used upack when I moved from Cali to North Carolina last year. I highly recommend them.

#50     Feb 4, 2003