Las Vegas traders

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NasdaqTrader, Sep 5, 2002.

1. Does anyone have a read on how this will play out?

The way it's looking now, it's going to be a disaster for traders.
    The proposal is structured to include all proceeds of business sales. If you are filing a 4797, your proceeds are the billions in stock sales you made.

#21     Jan 20, 2003
  2. www.lasvegas.com has zillions of rentals and real estate people.

SouthEast or West side...not north side of town.....

Also: (Prophet) New tax is possibly a nightmare....I got your email and passed it on to Bob....we've been aware of the implications....just hoping for an "accounting fix" (via exclusions or definitions).....Or at least "grandfather in" firms that have been here 10 years or more and make all the "new guys" pay big time!! :)

Don

#22     Jan 21, 2003
  3. cas

cas

What link is that on NV gross business tax? A friend of mine was dealing with something like that in CA.

Thanks,

cas

#23     Jan 21, 2003
  4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

There are some more details on the states website. Has the new tax been enacted ? I thought that this was still under discussion and was not yet approved. IMHO if this does go through it is a dumb move by the legislature: There are some advantages to being physically located in Nevada but they are not that great: add more tax to the equation and the case for doing business in Nevada gets very weak ....

#24     Jan 21, 2003
  5. cas

cas

it sounds like Guinn is asking the gross one to be pushed back..but i'm looking for more info in general. This is the overall tax proposal from the State of the State speech last night:

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2003/Jan-21-Tue-2003/news/20517798.html

and yes, NV does not need to become like CA.....that place is a big mess...no need to take any incentive away from people here.

cas

#25     Jan 21, 2003
  6. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

May be I should stay in Fl to avoid the tax.

#26     Jan 21, 2003
  7. Looks like July 2004 will be the earliest implementation of this tax.

#27     Jan 31, 2003
  8. About the gross receipts tax- Is there a reason why Nevada is requesting that businesses relocate to other states?

Some states (like TN) have another brilliant business killing tax which is a 1% direct tax on capital- yes it includes computers, office chairs etc... I'm not sure if its a state or county tax, but I know someone in Memphis who had a simple word processing business (a long time ago) and was greatly plagued by that insane tax.

#28     Jan 31, 2003
  9. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

Business property taxes here in Los Angeles are another anti-business provision....

In my office location particularly the city taxes are very negative with respect to encouraging buisnesses to locate within the city.

#29     Jan 31, 2003
  10. TN has a huge sales tax as well.

#30     Jan 31, 2003