Las Vegas Sands (LVS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by fencerd4, Mar 18, 2009.

1. where did you hear this? got a link?

#31     Mar 24, 2009
  2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

#32     Mar 24, 2009
  3. eagle

eagle

Congratulation Baron. Cramer and our dear Stock_trader, they all end up being very helpful. :D

#33     Mar 24, 2009
  4. I am long a small amount of LVS .

Its a first rate property with lots of money behind it which in my opinion makes the chances of BK smaller than it appears which gives the edge in buying it.

Asia is the ticket to growth and profits and LVS is best positioned for Asian growth. Vegas may be years away from real profits but Singapore is only months away (think 12-16)

Just my opinion, your millage may vary.

RW

#34     Mar 24, 2009
  5. fencerd4

fencerd4

This stock is going to double again soon. Market maker CANT was out on the ask

#35     Mar 25, 2009
  6. Baron,

Looks like you will have that chance once again to scoop up more shares. You will have your chance to average down in 2-3 cent range when it gets bounced to the pinks after the declaration of bankruptcy.

#36     Mar 27, 2009
  7. ceo of LVS just bought 10 million shares on the open market.

#37     Mar 31, 2009
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Well it's nice to know that the CEO and I both think alike :D

I just got back from a Vegas trip to check up on how things are doing for LVS. I stayed at the Palazzo for four days and the place was slammed the entire time, as was the Venetian. We even had trouble getting room service because they were so busy.

On Monday, my flight didn't leave until 4:50PM so I called the front desk for a late checkout, and the reply was "No, I'm sorry sir. We are fully booked today so we aren't able to offer late checkouts."

I said, "You mean to tell me you're at max capacity on a Monday?" and the guy said "Yep!".

So from what I could see, LVS is making money, and lots of it. :D

Hopefully, the multi-million share purchase by the CEO this afternoon will give the stock a good boost tomorrow.

#38     Mar 31, 2009
  9. yup they are sold out tonight (palazzo venetian) and booked 90 percent capacity for this weekend.

#39     Mar 31, 2009
  10. fencerd4

fencerd4

Level 2 shows heavy accmulation underway. I think we will see $5 by May.

#40     Mar 31, 2009