Las Vegas Pair Trading Weekend Workshop

Discussion in 'Events' started by djclif, May 18, 2005.

1. djclif

djclif

PairCo, LLC presents:

Pairs, Las Vegas

An exciting and educational weekend with Darren Clifford & Rob Friesen.

When:
    June 3rd to 5th, 2205

Where:
    Bright Trading Head Office, 4850 Harrison Drive, Las Vegas, NV

Times:
    Friday 2:00p.m. - 6:00p.m.
    Saturday 9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m.
    Sunday 9:30a.m. - 5:00p.m.

Cost:
    $1200 for Bright Traders
    $1500 for non-Bright Traders

Other:
    A course manual supplied
    Saturday and Sunday Lunches will be provided

Reservations: Pre-registration required - contact: rob@pairtrader.com. Attendance is Limited.

Topics:
    Risk Arbitrage vs. Statistical Arbitrage
    Finding, Developing and Classifying Pairs
    Developing Concise and Productive Trading Plans
    Understanding, Using or Avoiding the Forces on Pairs
    Avoiding or Capturing Rare, Frequent, Dividends and Earnings Events
    Objectively Developing a Pair Portfolio
    Subjectively Responding to Market Changes
    Maximizing Profits and Controlling Losses
    Crutch Trading, Hedging and 3-Way Relationships
    Mastery of a Sector in Correlative Stocks
    The Use of ATR's, STDev, Travel, Gaps
    Price Exhaustion & Shocks
    Pair Opens and Pair Investing
    Basket Trading, Enveloping and Relative Strength

*Attendees will also receive a 10% discount on future purchases of any automated software including PairLayer Trader and PairRange Trader.

**Attendees will also receive 1-month of www.pairtrader.com free.

***Contact us regarding trader sponsorships.

2. JayK

JayK

djclif,

What? June 2205? That's more than 200 years from now, man! Don't you have anything closer?

:D

3. It's being held on the Planet of the Apes.

4. actually they have a deal set up with cryolife...2 for 1 head freezings. i hear its filling up fast...don't delay.

5. djclif

djclif

lol... well I plan on making so much money that I will find a way to live forever!!! Really I am going to say that I messed up on purspose so that I would have a way to move my post to the top of the message board... hehehehe... it will be this year guys. Hope to see you all in Vegas.

Cheers,

Darren

6. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

I will send my hologram to Las Vegas not later than 2200 and will have it equipped with extra RAM. I just don't know whether the pair trading is simply another name for a swingers club or its just a funky shoos exchange group.

7. holograms are so late 1900's/early 2000's. get with the program dude.

8. djclif

djclif

lol.... now that is an imagination... really I do post my inolvement in swingers clubs here on elitetrader... thanks for the laugh.

9. $1500 lmao. my friends a mentor and makes $750 a day after having war shock in the market and losing most of his money.he said the money is providing picks and shovels to the miners not doing the mining(trading yourself). do you really belive if any of these stragegies worked good they' be selling it? they could borrow 10 million and make millions per year. no system is better than 505 over a 10 year period end of story

10. Exactly, pair trading is the most over-saturated strategy in the market, hundreds of hedge funds employ equity market neutral strategies- their models are much better, they hire Ivy MBA quants, have the best programmers and have much deeper pockets- it is very tough for an individual daytrader to compete against the big funds, IMO. Not to mention that the days of nice trading, range bound pairs are over. You must have deep pockets and be able to sustain considerable drawdowns to make pair trading a viable strategy. What if unexpected news comes out on a stock you own? You are screwed!!!

#10     May 23, 2005