Larval - Tool to find volatile stocks

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ihadnihn, Mar 17, 2022.

1. ihadnihn

ihadnihn

A couple years ago I made a script that searches for rapid price changes (every ~5 minutes), generally to sell CSPs against, but there are several strategies one could use. Recently I slapped a GUI on the idea and have thrown it out there for anyone else that might find a use out of it:

https://larval.com

jallenlot61, Axon, qwerty11 and 3 others like this.
  2. qlai

qlai

Alerts?

3. ihadnihn

ihadnihn

The alerts are audible or browser-level notification popups (left open in the background during the day), if the criteria in the settings is applicable. I thought about email alerts or similar, but the whole use case is for finding the volatility right as it's happening.

qlai likes this.
  4. qwerty11

qwerty11

Wow nice site. Does it also work for pre and post? And is it RT (when updated)?

5. qwerty11

qwerty11

Even able to select optionable. This gets better by the minute!

6. qwerty11

qwerty11

A year ago the next step would be the LARV IPO...

7. ihadnihn

ihadnihn

The afterhours is delayed ~20 minutes, so ultimately useless for my/(anyones?) purposes, I just put it there in case I wanted to expand upon it. The reason I made it for myself was during the market hours (which is not delayed, other than the ~5 minute window it takes to determine the price movement).

My whole use case is looking for options to sell right when volatility comes into the picture (even moreso if it's getting halted). I've learned a lot of things over the years just following these movements and the kind of price fills I can potentially get.

8. qwerty11

qwerty11

Most of the time such (experimental) sites disappear after some time. Hope you keep it up, I will use it. Looks (& feels) better than most professional sites...

9. qlai

qlai

The volume below refers to volume transacted in in the last ~5 minutes, right? Not sure if it's very useful as it's too stock dependent. It would be great to filter out by min ADV and min price (avove $5 for example).

upload_2022-3-17_18-37-11.png

10. ihadnihn

ihadnihn

I've got a little minipc with a tiny monitor on my desk (see ghetto image attached) that I've been using for the past 2 years, this website was made mainly to make it portable. So I'm definitely motivated to keep it running for my own purposes.

#10     Mar 17, 2022
    qwerty11 likes this.