Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Those guys are on surfs trading team? How do you know?

#71     Aug 28, 2009
  2. It looks like he was trading the big contract, not the e-mini, until October. Still, $49,000, not too bad in a tough year for most gurus!

#72     Aug 28, 2009
  3. Nattdog

Nattdog

Larry is highly respected by some of the most successful CTA's, Commodity hedge funds, and private speculators out there. This is a stone cold fact. I have seen very close cousins to some of the strategies he has taught retail traders automated and traded by 1B+ Short term CTA funds.

As I said earlier in this thread, I have thoroughly tested almost every concept from one of his books, and I found a good number of them to be of high value. I have found those ideas profitable in real time trading. For those who know how to take a concept and refine it, his books are full of good trading ideas.

Larry has also been a great marketer of his information business. Anyone looking to increase their general business success could learn something from Larry's ability to communicate, teach, and market his business.

But hey, if you would rather be the smug critic, go for it. I know that can be satisflying. Personally, I prefer pragmatic profits.

#73     Aug 28, 2009

4. Typical rush limbaugh ditto head response.

What a bozo

#74     Aug 29, 2009
  5. I agree that one of us is a drone. That you would associate me in any way with Limbaugh makes it fairly clear to the reader who's the ditto head.

#75     Aug 29, 2009
  6. larrywms

larrywms

ahh you guys are just great in your spiteful attacks..you get so lost in your own angst.

Let's see in one time frame some accounts i managed lost money--and i did as well, personally. Who in this business has not had a blow up at one point????

You do not give credit for the accounts, like Susan Kringle who started with 50,000 and closed out at about 500,000...and then sued me saying she should have made more $$.

Judge threw that out. (maybe shes Thunderdogs girl friend)

And many others...you focus on one little snapshot in time Regarding that Book with the less than flattering comments...note the publisher of that book has now published 3 or 4 books of mine.

But enough prattling back and forth.

Thunderdog...lets go head to head trading, mano y mano. You vs me.

We each put up $100,000, trade it for 6 months. Then winner takes the other guys money. Anyone have a 50% equity dip he loses and the other guys wins.

Ok, Thunderog lets see if you can do more than bark and spread false truths.

You hide behind some bogus name, have never written books, taught classes, just a dribble of negativity...so stand up and lets see what you are really made of.

Or just shut up and go away.

Larry Williams

#76     Aug 29, 2009
  7. You're going to have to put some meat on those bones to make it edible.
    That's neither here nor there. I imagine that the majority of trading strategies have similar generic premises. However, the devil is in the details. The details, and their diligent application, separate the winners from the losers. Not that anyone should really expect to be given those details by a vendor. Williams's books are no less generic than any of the other thousands of books selling the same generic premises. But Larry claims to be giving you the "keys to the kingdom." His words. And his expensive courses and seminars outlining his generic premises don't speak well for anything but his own bottom line. Where are his customers' yachts?

#77     Aug 29, 2009
  8. To "Thunderdog" and "puretruth"

"IT IS NOT THE CRITIC WHO COUNTS; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...."

-Theodore R. Roosevelt

#78     Aug 29, 2009
  9. larrywms

larrywms

geez thunderdog talk about out of context...i used those words "keys to the kingdom" in saying that the keys to the kingdom of wealth have to do with money management...not a trading system or technique.

Let's see no reply yet to the students of mine that have won trading championships gone on to manage money rather well
    ---and---

no reply to my challenge to trade 'mano y mano' to see whose real here.

#79     Aug 29, 2009

10. Dear Pocole,

Ok, I see you need some help..

[​IMG]

Now take your calculator : $53053 with 1 big S&P contract > 212.092 points

From october $ -3418 with 1 emini S&P > - 68.36 points

Still following ?

212.092 - 68.36 = 143.73 points for 2008

divide by 240 > 0.598 points per day

You only exagerated his results by 560 % LOL

Now let's have a look at 2009 results :

[​IMG]

$ -2281 with 1 emini S&P ( Is Mr. Williams still scared ?) > -45.62 points

Total for last 1.5 year : 143.73 - 45.62 = 98.11 points or 0.27 points/day(1 fu..... tick, isn't this what they call "marginal profitable" ?)

The longer the time frame, the smaller the profits become, now what would be his results since 1987 ?

Bitching ? No, just bringing up ALL facts , some of the facts Mr. Williams failed to disclose to his managed account customers in 1987 and for which he was fined ...

[​IMG]

NFA fines Larry Williams for not reporting to potential clients that, while his personal account in a promotional 1987 contest was very profitable ( a gain of + $902,599 ), his managed accounts for clients lost substantial funds ( - $6,122,281 ). This constituted DECEPTIVE AND UNBALANCED promotional material and disclosure statements.

Deceptive practices are a part of gurucountry, just like Mr.William's friend(?), Jake Bernstein was convicted for.

P.S. If you need private teaching "basic math" 1on1, my daughter of 11 might be able to help...

#80     Aug 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.