Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nattdog

Nattdog

Larry is both a promoter and a trader. I for one do not particularly care about what he did or did not do in the 80's. Is it possible he bent the rules a few times? sure. But I really don't know, and either does anyone here.

THe fact is, he has written books and shared Ideas. I for one would rather judge him on the objective, factual things I can test and verify, rather than on guesses and conjecture about a trading contest 20 yrs ago. Based on my study of his works, I have come to the conclusion that many of his ideas have merit. In fact, for any system oriented trader looking for ideas, they are a more than decent place to start.

On a less objective note, I have watched larry make a phenomenal string of successful bond/sp calls. Certainly partly due to luck, However I for one believe he does have a great deal of useful market knowledge and experience to share.
    Hey but don't take my word for it. Go code up a few of his ideas yourself and see if you find anything useful.

#31     Feb 21, 2008
  2. LW's work on the COT report is particullarly eye opening.

I reccomend his book on this subject 100%

regards,

surf

#32     Feb 21, 2008
  3. ssss

ssss

Your rather wild accusations about me shed alot of light on the type of evidence you find necessary and appropriate to make such charges, both about me and about Williams. The evidence you have regarding any of your charges about me is my posts here in this thread. And that I dare say is unbelievably flimsy. Hopefully your limited English will enable you to understand when I tell you that based on your post quoted above I think you sir are a complete nutjob.

OldTrader

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Dear Sir

Only opinion of goverment agency as CFTC , SEC or Court
    with direct statment ,that

1. Larry Williams not have any offset accounts
    by performing contest record in 1987 by robbinstrading.com

2. Opinon of NFA about "Deceptive statement" is false

Would have any value for author . More of them ,if you have any experienced(with 20 years of experience) goverment investigator by SEC,CFTC, any Court in USA ,which
    was involved in investigation to matter of Larry Williams
    please send contact e-mail to the author .

In any another case author from statement of NFA and he's international experience(auhtor is prize money winner in paper money contest's in USA ,Germany and result secured by goverment authority of USA and Germany) have opinon

1. Result of Larry Williams is falsificated

2. Motiv for this falsification -to receive public attention
    and capitalize this public opinion through teaching ,book selling ,advice,foreign money management .

3 .Method for defense of Larry Williams ,which used from your person with high chance have correlation not to simple
    payed agent - If can not sell ,good payed agent stopped
    activities to specific person or group.

But to any kind of sectancy ,as example scientology

Young adept try to defend reputation of the master

your respectfully

#33     Feb 22, 2008
  4. Evidently you failed your course "English As A Second Language". Not only can't you write acceptable English, you evidently can't read it. I won't be answering any post from you in the future unless you illustrate some type of reading and writing comprehension.

OldTrader

#34     Feb 22, 2008
  5. ssss

ssss

#####################

Dear Sir

In case author against CEO of Thinkorswim and CEO of Marketzar USA court of IOWA was on side of the author

It is decisive ... Have author any knowledge in any disciplin or not is not important .

Solely interessed to have USA authority in any case against
    any broker on my side ...

#35     Feb 22, 2008

6. Dear Sir,

In case elitetrdaer agisnst YOU ,
    Mao Tse Tung side of elittetarder

Solely interressed to have author ssss
    act more like sssstt (silence)

Yours honourable respectfully delighted.

#36     Feb 22, 2008
  7. ssss

ssss

Solely interressed to have author ssss
    act more like sssstt (silence)

Yours honourable respectfully delighted.
    ###########################

Not the problem Sir

Best wish ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzwuYEVU5AA

#37     Feb 22, 2008
  8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

OldTrader,

L. Ron asked about you at the meeting last night. I told him you were trying to stay on the downlow while you were dealing with the naysaying users of prescription drugs. He said to make sure you understood the consequences (you will no longer be allowed to take long walks on the beach with Tom Cruise) if he does not receive your written confession and audit report by the end of next week...oh, and he says "Hi!"

:) Ok, on a serious note and to avoid having to edit my own post as being off-topic...

I had a very similar experience as several other posters on this thread. One of my first introductions to trading was LW's "Money Tree" course many moons ago. As with most newbies, the title did not set off any flags at the time. I actually learned quite a bit about risk control and the mechanics of trading from his book. His COT stuff was very good too.

Had I received his flyer in the mail today without knowing anything about him, I would throw it directly in the trash without opening it, because I now know the signal to noise ratio of vendors is virtually nonexistant. But fortunately at the time I didn't know what I know now and it was actually a good thing (one of the very few times in my life that has been the case).

#38     Feb 22, 2008
  9. LOL! I'm gathering you must have edited my earlier post in this thread. The one that now says "nutjob". LOL! Can't say as I understand how you got from what I said to "nutjob", but I do agree that he is a nutjob.

Best wishes

OldTrader

#39     Feb 22, 2008
  10. i havent purchased the seminar, but i own Larry Williams' The Million Dollar Challenge board game...

www.theHallLight.com

...the board game is VERY intelligent, it will po$itively impact your daily trading.

#40     Mar 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.