Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Don't ya get it TD ?

He is wiling to send you statements , statements of periods he made money of course but when you ask for an extensive track record over 20 or 40 years, he comes up with the excuse he doesn't keep such old records and when you ask him for a real-time trade journal, he cannot cherry pick the winners.....

P.S. No wonder our "most accomplished one" never made it to Jack Schwager's Market Wizards

Maybe this was the conversation that took place:

Jack Schwager : "Larry , I might interview you for my new book, can you ask your broker to send me statements of your last 20 years ?"

Larry W :"Hey Jack, I can send you statements of 1977 and 1979 only,the rest doesn't look that good, will that do ?

J.S : " Larry , sorry, but we need all the years, you didn't have a blow-up year ?

L.W. : "Jack, to be honest, I did"

J.S. :"No problem , Larry, I will contact you in 10 years.

#311     Sep 2, 2009
  2. larrywms

larrywms

i did show my heating oil and Yen position--that was not good enough--i gave trade parameters for wheat that was not good enough.

can't say i have not tried and now i will get last years trades on site---

i can report trades shortly after being filled would that be good enough?

oh, btw, you have yet to prove who you are.

Please do so

#312     Sep 2, 2009

3. what is your point? how does that prove anything, as he may just be lucky, or unlucky during that short period. unless you are looking for free trade calls from LW, your not making any sense .

why refuse the proof he is willing to send you.

you are a serious curmudgeon.

surf:confused:

#313     Sep 2, 2009
  4. I think your use of the nouns "proof" and "refuse" is inspired.

#314     Sep 2, 2009
  5. Just provide us all here at ET with a simple, unfettered, full and proper real-time trade journal for even a short length of time. And your job will be done!

Given everything else you are willing to do, why is this simple request apparently just too much for you?

#315     Sep 2, 2009

6. I agree, he might be lucky or unlucky in such a short period that's why I ask for his 20 years long track record BUT, hey, Larry does not keep those like he said a few posts back..
    What serious trader keeps a detailed log of all his trades ,anyway ?

#316     Sep 2, 2009

7. Already back ? a few minutes later ..

#317     Sep 2, 2009

8. LW wins and loses like all other traders. the guy teaches solid actionable tactics and actually has standard indicators named after him--- he trades lives in front of large groups, is willing to share his results here for the asking----et al

what's up with the hate? i really don't get it.

surf:confused:

#318     Sep 2, 2009
  9. DonKee

DonKee

It's always comical to see someone, who has averaged about 1500 posts / year (approx. 7/trading day), insinuating that someone else posting a "real time trade journal" for even a short period of time will help them become a better trader.

Who cares if LW posts 10 trades in row that are winners or 10 trades in row that are all losers? How exactly does that help you become a better trader?

Sometimes reality is a tough friend, but if you've been posting here for 7 years at a rate of 7 times per trading day, trading might not be for you.

Maybe you should write a book about your last 7 years, instead?

#319     Sep 2, 2009
  10. I had screenshots with all positions, pending orders, account number etc. Based on that, I went through and summarized what I found.

I also checked the a few of the prices against my historical database, and only found data that matched the historcal data.

As I said: seems 100% legit to me. I found no evidence of photoshop'ing, tampering etc. Larry Williams does swing trade, and the gains/losses looked reasonable in the context of the price action of the previous weeks and days.

#320     Sep 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.