Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. do you prefer risky or riskless income? otherwise, what is your point?

oh, i forgot, every trader on elite never loses and the market is risk free to the detractors.

surf:D

#241     Aug 31, 2009
  2. This is my point :

THE BIG SECRET OF THOSE GURU'S IS THAT MOST (LW and TS being the exception) DON'T TRADE AT ALL and make all(most) of their money from selling courses,seminars...etc...
    They don't TRADE FOR A LIVING

A real trader is 1 that trades for a living

What is your definition ?

Never claimed that I was the most accomplished trader like LW claims (not even that I was an accomplished trader)...what an ego... probably a good quality for a vendor

#242     Aug 31, 2009

3. no kidding.

retail traders who trade for a living without other income or wealth/assets are extremely rare. those who do, without OPM, previous wealth, or income barely eek out a living generally.

rarer still is the wealthy retail trader who got there strictly by trading.

why to do you keep deluding yourself?

surf

#243     Aug 31, 2009
  4. I agree with your statement about retail traders.

Why do you think that ?

#244     Aug 31, 2009

5. it's what the evidence clearly shows.

lack of edge, discipline, starting capital, the need to make money to pay bills, high vig, wanting to gamble------- all factor into the reason why.

#245     Aug 31, 2009
  6. My question was directed toward the "deluding part"

Besides, people with a significant edge don't throw it out of the window for the masses to grab, why do you think those successful hegde funds are so secretive...I am waiting for the day that Citadel gives a crash course "automated trading" LOL

#246     Aug 31, 2009
  7. Larry Williams sent me copies/screenshots with many days worth of trades. The data includes account information and individual trades with lots of supporting data.

I'll post in more detail in a day or so, but I can already confirm that Larry Williams is NOT a one-lot trader as some here suggested. From a brief scan, individual trade P&L range from -20k to +100k and he trades lots of different contracts/markets.

More in a day or two incl. a screen shot.

#247     Aug 31, 2009

8. sure--- your are correct to a point.

however, there are EDGES that most traders don't know about that work nicely for small accounts but will not work at the hedge fund level as they can't scale. LW provides solid information that can help most traders, that's the bottom line.

furthermore, some people enjoy teaching and helping others. normally, after they have all their wants and needs met--so the teaching fulfills other desires--fame, whatever. nothing wrong with this... there is more to life than $$.
    surf

#248     Aug 31, 2009

9. Ok, sounds good,looking forward to this..

#249     Aug 31, 2009
  10. If I must say so meself. Lw has cult leader looking eyeballs in those videos. Applewhite anyone???

#250     Aug 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.