Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. this information is well known on the internet. this is nothing new, LW had issues with PROMOTIONAL materials. he was fined and moved on----

did you know that LW shares his winnings back to the clients in the seminar?

surf

#221     Aug 31, 2009
  2. http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65159&perpage=6&pagenumber=9

I do hope the 3-day seminar didn't cost too much more than $18.12.

Perhaps it is not so surprising after all that Larry is disinclined to furnish a full and proper real-time trading journal...

#222     Aug 31, 2009

3. that's a interesting article. sounds like even the seminar attendees are more accomplished then william's detractors.

surf:D

#223     Aug 31, 2009
  4. Would you kindly explain how you arrived at that fascinating conclusion?

#224     Aug 31, 2009

5. one guy owns a jet helicopter, another makes 40%/year, another spent 800k on educational materials/seminars.....

sounds to me like a fairly well off crew.

surf

#225     Aug 31, 2009

6. Surf,

Most of the time since 1987 , he referenced to his 1987 contest performance for promoting his stuff WITHOUT DISCLOSING THE LOSS OF HIS MANAGED ACCOUNTS in that same year

Looks like you can do such if you are only selling courses,doing seminars and not managing money (luckily for LW)

It is only recently that the reference to that contest is not anymore on his site...

I know you like traders that blow up like Victor NiederHof..

No surprise you like LW..

"After your 1987 robbins worldcup performance,you started In July 1988 the Larry Williams Financial Strategy Fund The 1988 fund lost more than 50% of its clients’ equity in barely one year, as reported in the October 1989 issue of Futures magazine

In March 1989 the World Cup Championship Fund is started, managed by Larry Williams, Jake Bernstein and two others.
    The 1989 fund also lost more than half of its original equity by May 1990."

Maybe you know why LW never made it to Jack Schwager's Market Wizards if he was such a great trader ?

#226     Aug 31, 2009
  7. And now for a bit of context.
    Sure. Only 40% with that kind of insight?

#227     Aug 31, 2009

8. well, i guess its not a jet helicopter..a helicopter none the less and satellite uplink--you price that lately???

40% is fantastic returns

surf

#228     Aug 31, 2009
  9. Once again, and not surprisingly, the jet helicopter flew right over your head.

#229     Aug 31, 2009
  10. Back to the drawing board and 19yrs practice - how's LW performing now?

#230     Aug 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.