Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jem

jem

I am all for putting 10 thousand in a IB trading account and seeing who runs up the most money at the end of year.

whats the next step. I could not think of a better time of the year to commence.

#101     Aug 29, 2009
  2. You're kidding, right? This is the guy who was going to answer all questions and concerns regarding his questionable past? And all he offers up is a pissing contest? But then he skirts requests to either enter a present day contest or make live calls on a suitable platform?
    Yes, you certainly are.

#102     Aug 29, 2009
  3. slacker

slacker

When did being successful become a crime? Tdog, why not question any technique or approach to the market that Williams has taught? This line of debate goes nowhere. Nobody is being persuaded or can learn anything. Anyone with any kind of visibility has a history that can be criticized.

Williams is still around and still trading. Longevity is a major test of success. How many hedge funds have been around since Williams began offering his workshops? He was early in some of his teachings, but his workshops were what they said they were. Looking at some of his older videos his lectures are the 'mother's milk' of most traders today. Who else was teaching this as well as Williams at the time he started? I wish Williams the very best, and many more years of trading and workshops. ET has seen its share of crooks, frauds, and liers. MarketMonk, Frans Shoar, ElecticSavant. Williams is nowhere near the fringe of ET to warrant these attacks.

Tdog, the closer you get to 10,000 posts on ET the more 'strident' your post have become. You might want to reflect on your last few months of postings. Your posts don't seem to be making you any happier or any smarter...

Good luck!

#103     Aug 29, 2009
  4. I have no doubt that Williams is successful. It is what he is successful at where we may come to a disagreement.
    I think you may be confusing me with someone who comes to ET for any reason other than light entertainment principally during RTH. Frankly, I have a thing about pointing out bullshit when I see, hear or smell it. And ET offers such green pastures...

#104     Aug 29, 2009
  5. slacker

slacker

Ok, so your posts are not making you happier or smarter, and if your posts are what you believe to be quality light entertainment; that is sad.

Good luck anyway.

#105     Aug 29, 2009
  6. Read my earlier post again. I did not write that I believed my posts were "quality light entertainment." That description emerged from your own imagination. For the most part, ET helps keep me occupied during a waiting game. If ET is much more than a source of entertainment for you, then it is I who wish you good luck.

#106     Aug 29, 2009
  7. larrywms

larrywms

please send me the stuff Gallagehe wrote and I will respond...not that it will matter to you.

BTW, i brought suit for libel against him, and Wiley, sadly i did not learn about the comments until years after they were written so the case with dsimissed, thanks to statute of limitations.

For 20 years i have been transparent in my trading...whomever you are, you are just an antagonist, agitator...seem to be full of bitterness.

What else can I do?

I have offered to show my trades, every trade in my newsletter have been listed and audited by third party.

So people market and sell stuff--like David Burton.Thunderdog, and Bill Gates. That's the way of the world and there is nothing wrong with with as long as its for value.

everythng i have ever sold has been with a money back guarantee...more than what Thunderdog does.

The only way i know of disproving your carping of my trading abilities is to trade against you.

Since you will not accept that---in light of the false accusations you have made, i did not start this chain--I can only conclude you do not or cannot trade.

If there is another way; count me in.

#107     Aug 29, 2009
  8. Come on thunderdog. Post the issue from that book that perhaps sold 1000 copies. Post it!!!

#108     Aug 29, 2009
  9. PCanyon

PCanyon

Back in the late 1980's, a Chicago dentist named Allen Ko attended a seminar conducted by Larry. I believe it had to do with his volatility breakout system which LW had named Trend Catcher.

Ko took what he learned, contacted Mike Chalek to code Trend Catcher to run on an Apple IIe, devised a multi-commodity portfolio and turned 25K into over 2 million in 2 years. He would have had even larger profits had he not been in Hong Kong and not trading during October 1987.

Ko fully acknowledges Larry as being highly responsible for his success. Prior to attending the seminar Ko had no system experience in trading.

Chalek praises Ko for his steel like nerves and superior discipline in being able to trade a market approach through some large draw downs, an obvious characteristic of any trend following system.

I knew Ko very well at the time.

#109     Aug 29, 2009
  10. Since you claim you have already brought a libel suit against Gallacher (and Wiley), then you must already know what the content is about and don't need me to spoon feed it to you. I refer to ALL of it. As for Gallacher's stuff recounting your encounters with the NFA, they are spot on. I have copies of the documentation, which is identical to what Gallacher described in his book. I have also spoken to an enforcement attorney at the NFA a few years ago who confirmed that Gallacher did not take any content as it relates to the NFA out of context. The rest of the content can be checked in the periodicals to which Gallacher refers. (Stated differently, libel my ass, boyo.) Please enlighten me. What was the basis of your libel claim? Give me some details.

#110     Aug 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.