Larry Williams Million Dollar Challenge

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by clarodina, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't know'em from Adam, but you've got some pretty decent guys making exemplary posts about him, so I'd say give it a rest and go find some other guru/hustler/speculator to throw your vitriol at, there are plenty more around.

#91     Aug 29, 2009
  2. Thunderdog is really quiet dog when confronted by his favorite trading vendor

#92     Aug 29, 2009
  3. Really? Is that all you got? Glossing over salient facts put forward by William Gallacher in his book and then "cleverly" responding to legitimate questions (only some of which were addressed by puretruth in his excellent post) about your questionable conduct by challenging me to a pissing contest? Really? Did you apply the same maneuver with the tax authorities?

That may well work for your devotees. However, please understand that I simply do not trust or respect you. As I recall, during that contest in the '80s, which you have been milking ever since, Robbins Trading Company was going to offer managed accounts by the contest winner(s). Meanwhile, you were already identified as a member of the "World Cup Trading Team" even while the contest was still under way! Foregone conclusion, anyone? (Am I the only one who sees an incongruence here?)

Thanks but no thanks, Larry. Want to prove something to your legion of devotees? Enter a contest again, now that the markets are better regulated. But you don't really have to, do you? The starry-eyed keep coming, don't they? At least for a time:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=65159&perpage=6&pagenumber=9

#93     Aug 29, 2009
  4. How right you are. And so, why not get your spoon, close your eyes and dig in? (Try not to inhale through your nose while chewing.)

Meanwhile, we are in agreement about our belief that LW is the doer of deeds, such as they are.

#94     Aug 29, 2009
  5. Exactly.

You've built your vending career on the basis of the first trading contest over 2 decades ago, Larry. Now let's see you legitimize it. This isn't about putting me in my place. It's about you manning up to your own hype. Or might that put your vending "annuity" at risk?

#95     Aug 29, 2009
  6. larrywms

larrywms

at last i think we know who thunderdog is..School of Gann Burton, et al.

David, Thunderdog etc you are the ones that say im not a a good trader, that i'm some sort of low life hustler.

i am the transparent one here I have given my name, real email and ...my track record is there, i have offered to show current trades, etc.

But no, you still harp away with bizarre comments like i call someone in New Zeland or Australiua and threaten to come beat them up!!

That is just choice.

Oh, and still you refuse to compete---you are the one that threw down the gauntlet and now are totally unwilling to show any real performance, or proof me what you claim i am but trading against me.

You hide behind email addresses.

CASE CLOSED UNTIL YOU WANT TO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU MOUTH IS...YOU ARE JUST A CRITIC IN THE STANDD TRYING TO RIP DOWN --NOT BUILD UP OR PROVE.

LW

#96     Aug 29, 2009
  7. Perhaps you are confused. This thread, and others like it, are not about MY trading acumen.

Am I to conclude that you will not take this opportunity to respond to Gallacher's scathing characterization of your conduct in point-by-point detail?

Am I to conclude that you will not endeavor to own up to your own hype by participating in another contest to showcase your trading prowess? Surely you've gotten even better over the last 2 decades, no?

Bluster. The final frontier.

#97     Aug 29, 2009
  8. And you are just a vendor. The only thing you are building up is your own coffer, with the tuition and enthusiastic ignorance of others. And you are certainly refusing to prove anything, by repeatedly skirting requests to enter a contest under today's regulatory environment, or even just make live calls on a platform as described in an earlier post by puretruth. You seem to forget that I"M not the one selling anything.

#98     Aug 29, 2009

9. williams admits that it was skill and a lot of luck in the contest, what's the big deal? Michelle also WON the contest, as well as many of LW's students won other contests--- again, what's the big deal?

williams trades LIVE with a million dollar account--name one other guru type who does this?

LW's longevity alone speaks volumes----

there are plenty of phoneys in this business, LW is one of the only legit ones--- why not use your energy on the true phoneys?

#99     Aug 29, 2009
  10. #100     Aug 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.