Larry Williams arrested in Sydney for tax evasion

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by tomhaden, May 22, 2006.

1. Anyone in SB or Rancho Bernardo (or where ever) want to contact me for property and/or asset sales...feel free. Relevant contact info upon yours.

Cash paid up to 6 million.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Z

#11     May 22, 2006
  2. Htrader

Htrader Guest

Williams must have been really playing hardball in his IRS negotiations. The government usually gives you plenty of chances to fess up and pay.

#12     May 22, 2006
  3. er that's not accurate. See http://www.wwwebtax.com/audits/statute_of_limitations.htm.
    There is apparently no statue of limitation for fraud so that was sorta right. Its 3 for auditing a return and 10 for collecting. So its about what I was thinking

#13     May 22, 2006
  4. The heck if they do, they go in and take whatever they can get. They could care less if they destroy a business or not.

#14     May 22, 2006
  5. Well said... agree...

cj...

#15     May 22, 2006
  6. Apparently Williams could care less whether or not he fulfilled his civic obligations to pay his taxes.

No one really relishes giving to Uncle Sam, but most of us do it. And not only because we don't want to go to jail.

I have little sympathy for tax cheats. Because they don't pay their share, the rest of us have to cough up more of our hardearned dough. And that means less for my family. And everyone's.

I own five of his books, but if he is guilty, I hope they throw him the book.

#16     May 22, 2006
  7. #17     May 22, 2006
  8. if you have plenty of assets, they can be tough and wait. i have a buddy who didnt have much and they cut him a really great deal.

two problems to avoid

1) ex-wife
    2) IRS

of once-successful guys that i know who are still slaving away and in deep poop, all had either of these two problems. i guess a third would be medical issues, but thats an act of God... ex-wives are a completely diffreent kinda act.

#18     May 23, 2006
  9. http://www.financialdirector.co.uk/accountancyage/news/2156646/market-guru-facing-tax-evasion

"Larry Williams is charged with creating false documents and using multiple bank accounts to evade his huge tax bill."

Wow. That just oozes integrity, doesn't it? Where is marketsurfer when Larry needs him?

Perhaps this little development sheds a new light on a previous exchange here on ET:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1007920&highlight=larry+williams#post1007920

Two observations. First, people tend to be true to their nature. There is an underlying and undeniable consistency in how we tend to behave. And second, good old Larry sure knows how to draw a crowd, being the master promoter that he is. And often in that crowd is one pesky regulatory authority or another.

#19     May 23, 2006
  10. Some accountant say up to 10 years, and other said as long as the IRS wants it.

#20     May 23, 2006