Larry Williams' 1987 Robins Championship Trade Log

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by gotta_trade, Nov 9, 2008.

1. you wouldn't dare to potentially meet your nemesis, would you??

surf:D

#41     Nov 10, 2008
  2. Well, I read somewhere that he has very muscular calves, so it does fill me with a sense of foreboding.

#42     Nov 10, 2008

3. <b>I</b> will be more likely to attend your fest, <b> if</b> tdog goes.

#43     Nov 10, 2008
  4. As for you, mister, Surf has insisted that the <b>bouncing</b> comment ain't so <b>figur(e)</b>ative...

#44     Nov 10, 2008
  5. Oh. Oh!

Say, surf, ain't that LW a swell feller?

#45     Nov 10, 2008
  6. to anyone who turns over his tax reporting to a stranger.

I learned a long time ago, learn to do your own taxes. There is plenty of software and methods for simplifying and automating most of this (starting with, not learning to be a scalper for a living)...

When the audit comes, do you realy want to hear "sorry, but your advisor has left the firm" when you call for help???

#46     Nov 10, 2008
  7. Yeah, very true for most.

however, cross economy, multinational income generally requires expertise most of us don't possess and it isnt something you can buy on quickbooks either!

regards, surf

#47     Nov 10, 2008
  8. yes, me too. in fact, i will INSIST that he attends!

surf:D

#48     Nov 10, 2008
  9. <i>"Sorry, but optimal f is a lottery ticket that relies heavily on a false sense of numeric specificity. You should only use it to trade money that you are prepared to lose, and lose quickly."</i>

tdog... that's precisely what he did. The tracking accounts versus his trading account weren't meshed for several reasons. I was privvy to the core concept of his system a few years ago. It was based on volatility breakouts, with larger bets placed on probability that the next breakout would be bigger than prior losses.

Let me tell you something. Using that exact-same concept in FX thru 2008 alone would have turned 10k into 10mil or more, easily. Perhaps more like 50mil. Key is volatile, straightline moves scattered thru the curve to hit the big wins. Gutting out the drawdowns requires an almost pathological detachment from loss.

That's the long & short of it, no pun intended. Honestly. BTW... are Holly & I invited to the surfbash in 2009? I'll actually drink from a glass instead of straight from longneck bottle if protocol dictates
    :cool:

#49     Nov 10, 2008
  10. I heard on NBC this morning, that there is a movement via executve order to tear down the Statue of Liberty!
    Is this true?
    I just visited the bastion in Sept for the first time. Why would Obama want to tear it down?

Liz

#50     Nov 10, 2008