Larry Jeddeloh Says a New Era for Markets is Here. And It’s Not Just Because of Trump

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Aug 13, 2018.

1. "In the U.S., the economic slowdown will be driven by the market. The Nasdaq may have topped here. We recently took out our position in Invesco QQQ Trust exchange-traded fund [ticker: QQQ]. It was our single biggest position. I think the market is rudderless for a while and sells off into the fourth quarter. At the same time, there will be a lot of pressure for rates to go up. One: Oil is continuing to march higher to $85-plus. That raises transportation costs, which are already going up because they can’t find enough truckers. Two, there’s a risk of higher inflation from tariffs. Three, you are seeing wage pressure now." ...

https://www.barrons.com/articles/a-...24d3c8970a9f6153d9055&ref=article_email_share

2. dozu888

dozu888

idiot.

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

I agree with him. The markets have topped...

4. qxr1011

qxr1011

i agree with his logic

as for the markets i remember a good saying: “The market can stay irrational a lot longer than you can stay solvent!"

SimpleMeLike likes this.
  5. Yes I agree.

For the normal working man or woman. It's best to invest in the SP500 index every pay period if they wanna retire.

I have no clue what the market will do and don't care. But overtime it should go higher. I just keep on buying.

6. dozu888

dozu888

where is the 'irrational' part... SP is forward yielding 6% earnings... find me another asset class with this yield, with a growth rate, anywhere in the world.

you will find nothing.

yet amateurs count their fingers to 10... 10 years of bull market and it's supposed to die.. no logic here.

it always looks 'irrationally high', to people who have missed the run.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  7. pipeguy

pipeguy

Too much buzz about coming crash. I think sentiments should return to normal first and then BOOM! Crisis are always unexpected, otherwise there will be pullbacks, because investors are on alert now

8. destriero

destriero

Dude nailed it.

SimpleMeLike likes this.