Larry Connors/LInda Raschke Street Smarts?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trainee2006, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Newbie here...

This book costs over a hundred twenty bucks.
    Is it worth it?

Good for beginners?
    Long-term traders?
    Swing?

Comments are invited.

B

2. I would look at renting her materials at investor flix that is what I am doing. 20 bucks a month a 30 day trial works for me.

3. gaj

gaj

i think it's good, not necessarily for the specific patterns (though i think turtle soup, if it's in there, is a good one) but for getting someone to think at patterns a little bit differently.

i know that it's available via worldcat interlibrary loan or *cough* elsewhere...

4. I like the Anti set up, for swing trading. I use a fairly different model, but the concept is a good start...I didn't learn it from the book, and you don't need to spend that kind of coin on it either. Google it, you can probably find it on pdf free. I mean, I don't advocate anything illegal, but if you were the type do do that sort of thing...you could probably find it. :D

5. This book is well worth a read - not so much for the specific trading rules that LBR and LC suggest (most of these back-test pretty poorly these days without modification) but for the way they set about analysing patterns (agree with Gaj here).

As others say, you may be able to find the material more cheaply. But frankly, the cost of the book is only 2 ES points - i.e. if you garner 1 good idea from the book, the cost is covered many times over after a couple of trades.