Large file transfer

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by lkh, Dec 26, 2005.

1. lkh

lkh

I want to transfer a large christmas video file over the internet. It is too big for email (88 meg). What is the easiest free way to do it? tia

2. mokwit

mokwit

3. Maybe one of you guys can help me out. I have a bunch of music on my computer but I am just now getting an external HD together so that I can use Acronis TrueImage for regular backup. I have a bunch of music in this folder

C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Shared

Is there any easy way for me to send the entire contents of this file to yousendit? My problem is, when I try to i.e. highlight the first item in the (long) list and then hold 'shift' or 'control' down to select every song or file in the folder, it doesn't work. I have never seen a folder with a number of items in it which I could not selectively choose from using this technique. I can only highlight one song at a time no matter what I do.

The whole contents obviously runs into the Gigs.

How can I get this entire file to yousendit in a format which I can then re-load onto this or another machine if I choose?

4. mokwit

mokwit

Zip it into 1 file

5. Of course. I will show my ignorance and admit that although I have unzipped countless files, I have never zipped one. Off to give it a try.

Thanks.

6. I think he may have meant to just dump whatever contents you're sending into a new folder and THEN send *that* 1 folder instead of all the individual files (without necessarily zipping it)?

7. Ummmm... okay. I'll give that a try too. I just wonder why I would have to do that... it's already in a folder, right? If I create a new folder, and then dump the contents into the new folder... but maybe this 'Shared folder' has some charatceristics that are specific to the file-sharing software that created it? So you are saying that maybe I will be able to select everything in the folder if it is a new folder and not this 'Shared' folder? Hmmm...

8. mokwit

mokwit

Put what you want to send into a new folder and then zip that folder so that you have something that is recognised by Yousendit as 1 file - a folder is not.

9. mokwit

mokwit

It won't let you upload a folder nor will it let you selct all files so the solutuion is to zip folder. Been there before.

#10     Dec 26, 2005