laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by osho67, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Trader13

Trader13

I just checked and you are right. The last time I made a purchase this wasn't the case, so thanks for making this correction. Reviewing the onsite support options on their websites, HP offers a few more options than Lenovo.

#21     Jan 10, 2013
  2. I want to join others to say "don't buy a HP" laptop.

My first hand experience. I have 2 HP laptops - dv9730us (about 4 year old) and dv8t 1100 (about 2 year old). Both are crappy.

dv9730, sent back to HP 3 times for various reasons within the first year. hard drive dropped dead, LCD screen dropped dead, and something else I forgot. DVDRW dead now.

dv8t 1100: a factory mal-design. Every user knows about it but HP would not acknowledge and would not fix the problem - the wifi (touch-sensitive) key and volume key would go berserk without you touching anything. Oh, wifi is on. Oh, no, wifi is off. Oh it is on, no it is off every few second. Since day one. Absolute POS issue. (Some kind of static built up inside the chassis because HP didn't design it right in shielding it.)

Now one USB is dead. A second USB is flaky. The built in DVDRW is dead.

I am looking at a new laptop. The Sony Vaio seems nice. With a i7-3632QM processor, at USD $900, is nice.

My eye is also on ASUS K95VJ with an i7 3630QM processor, 18.4-inch screen. But for whatever reason, there is no pricing information anywhere (not released yet?).

#22     Jan 10, 2013
  3. Asus has awfull trackpads. And so does Samsung.

#23     Jan 11, 2013