laptop reliability

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hoodooman, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Thanks for the replies people. I appreciate it.
    Regards

#11     Oct 11, 2011
  2. I am also using two dell vostors. Both are 3 years old and still going. One is 1400 other the 1500.. Also have 3 toshiba satilites. They run way hotter then the dells, and key boards broke, fan quit working.. but they are 4 years old...

Also have one year old emachine laptop.. keyboard out.. using external on that, other then that works good..

so all in all dell has worked the best for me..

Next Purchases will be Sony, and Mac...

#12     Oct 12, 2011
  3. Thanks for the replies. Sounds like there are some serious reliability issues between brands.
    regards

#13     Oct 12, 2011
  4. Illum

Illum

Opps just did. I can say Toshibas are absolute garbage, constant problems. In 6 months I had a hard drive failure, then it just died. The screen died, I see possible fixes replacing a back light, involves complete take apart. All this I had it only 8 months. Now I did leave the computer and screen on all day...., for markets. But 8 months? Complete garbage. Sending it back does me good, I'm without a laptop. So I went with HP dv7 while I try to fix the Toshiba for a backup. I hope I don't have the same experience you did with HP, but I can say... Toshiba's are garbage, cheap yes but not even a functioning cheap option. The parts in them are so cheap they fail on their own, can't trust any of the cheap components. This HP came with a Toshiba hard drive, I took it out on the first day.

#14     Oct 12, 2011
  5. jokepie

jokepie

Electronics have 5% accepted failure rate - industry wide- After their QC process.
    Dell sells over millions of electronic products each month,..there is bound to be failures and customers with bad luck.
    It can be IBM/lenovo HP toshiba or any other company. since they use the same suppliers...dont think too much into the logo.
    Find something that has decent price to config. ratio and buy 2-3 yr warranty. you will be fine.
    look into dell's business segment laptops - they come with extenders you can use to replace a desktop as well!

#15     Oct 12, 2011
  6. Got a 5160 Sager from costom builder Mythlogic with specific design input from TOS techies back in April to upgrade and trade futures on TOS platform. Use it everyday to trade AM, then shut it, go do a swim workout, and reload for 11-1 blast PDT. Got Intel 510 ssd for quick boot/shut. Smooth, clean, effortless so far. Sager has since upgraded product line with more advanced graphics since my purchase. You will pay up for more of a boutique experience, but 4 year gaurantee with option to send it back every year for component upgrades a nominal price sold me.

#16     Oct 12, 2011