Laptop Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loyek590, May 7, 2015.

1. xandman

xandman

Yes, they are but not on battery mode. It has to stay plugged.

#61     May 26, 2015
  2. loyek590

loyek590

now all I need is a floating toaster that will run off a USB port

no kidding man, thanks for turning me on to this lenovo. I was spending $300/yr on those toshibas. I spent over 1k for this lenovo, and I doubt I will get 3 years off it due to the way I abuse them

But I will never, never, NEVER buy another laptop without a lighted keyboard, probably why the hinge on my toshiba crapped out because I was constantly bending the lid over the keyboard to use the screen for light.

(I didn't really have anything to say, but it is night time and dark in my office, and there my keyboard is, all lighted up, just waiting for me to type something on it.)

#62     May 28, 2015
  3. xandman

xandman

If you can break that then you need a magnesium cased frame. or a military grade Panasonic toughbook.

try not to use the laptop on a soft surface such as your bed or your lap. The surface contours will cover the vent holes, overheat the pc and shorten the life of the components. This is one of the most unnoticed killers.

I hope the T series quality has stayed the same. I may eBay a used one for summer school and dual boot with Linux. I won't even check for drivers.

#63     May 28, 2015
  4. loyek590

loyek590

yeah, I learned that on the first one. I now use a Targus platform with a small fan ($30 or less), even though the first one only lasted me a month.

#64     May 28, 2015
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

#65     May 28, 2015
  6. loyek590

loyek590

yes, I have an led like that for my java moss in my no clean aquarium. It is very ugly and I can't wait to turn it off at night.

I don't think some of you get it. I don't like electric lights, that's why I only use candle lights after the sun goes down. My last girlfriend was pretty good looking and a lot of fun, but she had really bad lights in her house. For an led, these backlighted keyboards are really mellow at night.

#66     May 28, 2015
  7. spacewiz

spacewiz

Why would anyone use ANYTHING but a laptop these days, unless you need 8 screen or something... ?

#67     Jun 3, 2015
  8. loyek590

loyek590

I thought everybody was mobile these days. I don't know what they do in the privacy of their own home.

#68     Jun 3, 2015
  9. jinxu

jinxu

That's BS. It's doesn't take much processing power to run a chart and trading platform. I'm currently just trading off a $250 laptop that's used solely just for trading.

#69     Jun 27, 2015
    i960 likes this.
  10. zdreg

zdreg

which one?

#70     Jun 27, 2015