Laptop Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loyek590, May 7, 2015.

1. I have some Lenovo L512's. I don't like the placement of the connectors. They are on the sides instead of the back unless I spring for a docking station... and the connector for the external display doesn't have threaded hole for attaching the cable, it comes loose very easily, I added double stick tape... I'll check things like that before I buy anything again...

#31     May 11, 2015
  2. xandman

xandman

Yikes. Definitely not typical IBM quality. Do note that L to T series is like comparing a Dell Inspiron 3000 to a Dell XPS.
    Thanks for reporting.

#32     May 11, 2015
  3. loyek590

loyek590

dang xandman, you need to be our go to guy for hardware, sounds like you really know your shit

#33     May 12, 2015
  4. xandman

xandman

Not really. Going back to school to upgrade me to " Self 2.0 ". Half (maybe more) of ET posters are bonafide IT experts.

However, Scat and Winston are our SME's. They are ever present, very responsive and light years ahead of most people. I would go as far as purchase gear they recommended 2 years ago.

#34     May 12, 2015
  5. loyek590

loyek590

yes, Winston gave me some very good advice when I was contemplating going auto. Something to the tune of, "Don't do it unless you can do it yourself or you want to marry your programmer, because it is going to be a lifelong commitment."

#35     May 12, 2015
  6. loyek590

loyek590

I was naïve, I thought teaching a computer how to trade might be an enjoyable hobby

#36     May 12, 2015
  7. xandman

xandman

The domain knowledge and skills required is daunting and at times unfathomable for me. But, even running canned strategies from various schools/methods have their value.

You will accelerate the mastery of performance profiles of various trading methods and use it to improve your discretionary trading. Have ability to your test your methods on even more trade data without putting in so much screen time and lost hair.

The best trade filter is still between your ears, incredibly complex, difficult to program and not available from a store.

#37     May 12, 2015
    loyek590 likes this.
  8. I would suggest you ASUS 15.6 inch laptop because asus is bulding trust among people, lenovo is also good but when it comes to service on site support of lenovo is really disappointing.

#38     May 12, 2015
  9. loyek590

loyek590

thanks, I'll let you know, I paid $190 for 3 year on site warrenty

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    #39     May 12, 2015
  10. Trader13

Trader13

I like onsite warranties, they are a great convenience when you need them. Who did you purchase your onsite warranty from?

#40     May 12, 2015