LAPTOP- Off the Shelf for Trading- preferably 15 inch Max

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gekko2020, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Jad930

Jad930

Does anyone use an Apple MacBook Pro? These are more than $1600 new but seem to have a lot of user friendliness.

#51     Jun 12, 2021
  2. d08

d08

With the exception of the screen and the keyboard, the hardware tends to be poor. Also when used, once you have problems outside of warranty, they're useless and normally cannot be repaired due to Apple policies. Apple is also known to void warranty if you use the laptop in humid conditions as that will trigger the fluid spill indicator.

#52     Jun 12, 2021
    cobco likes this.
  3. Jad930

Jad930

Destriero, where did you buy that levano please? that’s a great deal.
    thanks

#53     Jun 12, 2021
  4. destriero

destriero

Discount was direct from my Lenovo rep thru an LLC. You can email me at convexx at gmail and I'll give you the name of my rep.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    #54     Jun 13, 2021
  5. How long have you had the Lenovo ?

#55     Jun 14, 2021
  6. Yes, Lenovo thinkpad line is very good. I am both Dell and Lenovo certified. For Lenovo get the Premier 3 year warranty service. This will allow them to send parts and tech to your location to repair if anything goes wrong. For both Dell and Lenovo if you need a hard drive sent to you have them re-image it before it is sent out. Also if spending big money on a Laptop make sure warranty includes accident protection.

Premium warranty is also good. Never get standard. Standard warranty is long wait times and you talk to someone in India. Premier and Premium you get a senior tech from American that is trained to solve your issues.

If you are going to be doing business on your laptop, Dell and Lenovo business laptops are the best.

#56     Jun 23, 2021
  7. destriero

destriero

Since March. I am selling two of them on the hardware forum. Awesome gear, but I bought two M1 iPads for travel.

#57     Jun 23, 2021
  8. d08

d08

Being a cheapskate, I buy used, these are usually barely used office machines, nearly no signs or wear and the price if 20% of new. The models will be a few years dated but it's not like there's a real difference in practice.

#58     Jun 23, 2021
  9. destriero

destriero

Butthurt Magna deleted my thread in hardware which was selling two Lenovo Xeon 4K P3s. Hit me up if interested: SKU# 20TJS07500

#59     Jun 23, 2021
    cobco likes this.
  10. I'm a big fan of Dell Precision lines, even for mobile workstations. Precision is their best quality, IMV. My Precision laptop is 8 years old and still running smooth as a gravy sandwich... a little slower than newer ones of course, but that's not enough reason to replace for use in a trading environment. Suggest looking for something 2-3 years old to save $$$*, as any Precision line computer is likely to run for 10 years and longer with minimal issues.

* New Precision M4600s were >$4,000, when fully decked out. I paid $475 for mine, and it still had 18 months remaining of Dell's original 3-yr warranty. FWIW..

Last edited: Jul 7, 2021
    #60     Jul 7, 2021
    oraclewizard77 likes this.