LAPTOP- Off the Shelf for Trading- preferably 15 inch Max

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gekko2020, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Warranty usually runs out, at SPECIFICALLY this exact time. It's called Murphy's Law, and it's very real...

#31     Jun 9, 2021
  2. You can disable it.

Speaking of trading offices, just came across this, from an old acquaintance, who was at SAC for like 10 years...

Quite over the top, but he is the real deal...

0DC8F69E-AF2D-479E-AAB5-3B1EE4CBEBAB.jpeg

When I watch the following, it makes me cringe!!!!! A legend :)

#32     Jun 9, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

The first pic is not over the top. If I was in my old place, I would totally have 8 monitors. It was the workspace I needed. Alas, I had to move and do not have the room for that, so have just two monitors. The second video? I dunno man, seems overkill.

#33     Jun 9, 2021
    ChipShotTrader likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

Tell us about the Chair.

#34     Jun 9, 2021
  5. The chair is something from a jet fighter. But do you know what he used and loved for the previous 2 decades? An Eames Chair. And you can get similar types at Walmart (even cheaper)...

https://www.keeksdesign.com/product/eames-office-chair-replica/

C3066FE8-381D-4880-BAF9-7F1CE75018B3.jpeg

And it won't sandpaper your pants like a Herman Miller (I can't believe I even got one of those; don't ever fucking buy it)...

This is the best chair, in my opinion...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    #35     Jun 9, 2021
  6. easymon1

easymon1

Next time you talk, would you ask where his chair came from?

trading chairs 685.jpg
    While you're at it, what the heck, if he knows where this desk below comes from, that'd be good to know too.
    https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/trading-chairs.226092/page-16#post-4994728

#36     Jun 9, 2021
  7. #37     Jun 9, 2021
  8. easymon1

easymon1

I like it.
    Where do the mouse and keyboard sit?

yoga levitate.jpg

#38     Jun 9, 2021
  9. Sit straight on the chair, described above, in front of your keyboard. Then rest your hands, where your index fingers touch F & J.

Then move your forearm away from the keyboard to the right, holding your back straight, until your forearm is perpendicular to your chest. This where your mouse (and mouse pad with wrist support) should rest. It varies from person to person, but this ensures your right arm (and shoulder) are fine.

If you are left handed, just do the same, but on the other side. If you are broad shouldered like me, this really helps.

#39     Jun 9, 2021
  10. Why, , Well >>> Adds to the Cost $$$ > While some laptops are available only with a touch screen, others offer touch as a pricey option when you configure your system. For example, Lenovo charges $75 more for a ThinkPad T460s with a touch screen than the same model without a touch screen, and Dell puts a $350 premium on its XPS 13 with touch, though it also bumps the resolution up from 1080p to 3200 x 1800. '

Then >>
    Worse Battery Life

Regardless of whether you use it, the touch digitizer is on all the time and thus sucks up significantly more power.

Of course the most Obvious >
    Poorer Viewing Angles

If you want your laptop to double as a mirror, get one with a touch screen. Most touch screens are made from glossy material, which limits viewing angles and shows reflections..

Need I say More.

#40     Jun 9, 2021