Laptop/notebook PC recommendations anyone?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ken_DTU, Jan 11, 2004.

#41     Jan 21, 2004

2. Nana Trader > Is the track point mouse for think pad is registered to IBM products only or other PCs manufacturer can have them too<
    [​IMG]

Yah that’s part of it. The thinkoirs is perfect for airplanes. IBM licenses a version to other companies.
    [​IMG]

#42     Jan 21, 2004
  3. nitro

nitro

YYNOT

Go back an read my post on the Thinkpad and see if your question still makes sense.

I have owned or been given for work use about 15 laptops from many vendors. Three of them were Thinkpads. Althought every laptop I have ever owned has done it's job, there are some laptops that simply blew me away. The VAIO's and the Fujitsu's and Toshibas are in that category. The Dells are better than the IBM's, but a notch below those above. The Gateways and the Hp's are ok, probably in the same league as the IBM's.

The Thinkpads are in the "satisfactory" category and I while I have no objection to using them, it was never the one I went out to the store to put my own money down on.

nitro :confused:

#43     Jan 21, 2004
  4. mark1

mark1 Guest

I suggest you all to have a look at Acer's machines.

I owned quite an amount of Laptops, and Acer is good ( monitors are excellent, even compared to Vaio) and prices are very appetible (at least here in Europe)

#44     Jan 21, 2004