Laptop and Hard Drive Speed questions?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HBaLLz3SiX, Feb 22, 2007.

1. I am looking to buy a laptop to take on me to trade when i go on vacation and i think i know the basics as per what i need...how important is it? 5400 vs. 7200...

and what about memory speed....2 gbs at 533 MHz vs. 1 gb at 667

with dell they have a "Integrated Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950" video card...is that ok?

the only thing i really need the laptop for is as an travel trading computer...the tech guy at our office is on vacation and no one else really knows that much

except for me of course :cough:cough:

thanks for ANY help/advice!

2. gnome

gnome

Most new notebooks come with a 5400 RPM, SATA hard drive. That's plenty good. The cost diff for a 7200 RPM vs. performance is not justified... also, decreases battery life.

1G of RAM probably enough. Check your Task Manager to be sure. 533 RAM is plenty fast, too.

The 950 onboard video is adequate, however I've got a tech friend who claims the Nvidia 6150 onboard is significantly better, so you might want to look for one with that.... but if not, the 950 is OK.

3. Here is my new system for travel trading. 2 gig of Ram, a Matrox Dual-Head-To-Go add on video extender and two folding HP 17" flat screens. All fits in a pilots case and is carry on acceptable.

http://www.dynamism.com/sz93/main.shtml