Laptop 17" for trading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by luckylee, Oct 19, 2008.

1. I use a Compaq/HP to do most of my trading from and it's done well for the most part. I got the 'desktop replacement' so it's a big laptop. At the time, just got the best of the best stuff and it runs fine now.

Just don't skimp on the internal stuff. It's harder to upgrade, if not impossible, some stuff so just spend the $ initially on the important components.

#11     Oct 20, 2008
  2. Like I said, Acer 18 mths and no problems.

PC's: I like to use Asus so I bought an Asus laptop. After 2 months the keyboard failed - ah well it's Asus so I expected a quick turn around.

Took 4 weeks to get my Asus laptop back with a new keyboard.

#12     Oct 21, 2008
  3. #13     Oct 21, 2008
  4. I've had a 17" Toshiba for 3 years. Great machine, and I use it a LOT.

#14     Oct 21, 2008
  5. i trade on a 17dell widescreen, make sure it is wide

#15     Feb 5, 2009
  6. Tums

Tums

I don' tthink there is any 17' laptop that are not wide.

#16     Feb 5, 2009
  7. wave

wave

Gateway or Lenovo. Stay away from HP and Toshiba.

#17     Feb 5, 2009
  8. I have had 17" Acer for 3 years and less than a year on 20" Acer. Both are excellent and I have yet to have either of them crash on me. The 20 inch is a blast and I would recommend that size. Excellent as a desktop replacement.

#18     Feb 5, 2009
  9. I had an Acer laptop that I traded off for a while whilst out of the country. I had a problem with it whilst still covered by the worldwide warranty. They told me that the country that I was in had no where to repair it so I would have to mail it to another country and pay for the shipping out of pocket.
    Then they said that the repair office in the other country does not ship internationally, so I would have to find someone in that country to ship it to, who could then in turn ship it to me. All shipping was to be paid out of pocket by me.
    A month later I was in the UK, i called up the warranty number over there and the next day they came and picked it up and offered stellar service.
    Moral is,,,, Acer are good and cheap but you might just end up getting what you pay for.

#19     Feb 5, 2009
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I got an acer this summer and it's been great.

#20     Feb 5, 2009