Landis82

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Port1385, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Because ET is first a site for entertainment and second for everything else.

#31     Oct 18, 2008
  2. ET is probably one of the best if not THE best website on the internet whether regarding trading or any other subject matter! Whats wrong with a little entertainment value as well... life ain't really THAT serious unless we make it! ?

#32     Oct 18, 2008
  3. I respectfully disagree, ET is great for entertainment but as far as valuable trading content I will have to go with TL.

#33     Oct 18, 2008
  4. TL is gay. Used to be decent though. Now it's a total joke. There are some EXTREMELY successful traders here, you just have to find out who's who and then pay attention to what they have to say. All TL turned into was some VSA/MP cult. Got a little out of hand with the dumbshit.

Okay, back to ET-

Nothing wrong with entertainment, but it's the inconsistency that creates the problem.

One person gets banned or threatened with banning for the same thing others do constantly and more intensely with impunity.

Just bugs me when when some (only 1 or 2) mods have a borderline homoerotic relationship with certain troll posters and let them run wild, while trying to drop the hammer on other posters for less grievous offenses.

Hell, truth be told, I am all for some hellraising, just be consistent with enforcing the rules or don't do it at all.

No big deal really, the original point I wanted to make by posting on this thread was that Landis knows his shit.

#34     Oct 18, 2008
  5. I previously posted a video with a young gentleman hitting a desk and yelling profane language after a trading loss. Although tragic, this was a bit of comedy because we all have been there at one time in our lives and, if you have not been there, then you certainly will.

This gentleman was taking things way too seriously. If he had just taken some time to think versus pounding the desk then he could have been out of that situation and possibly even mitigated the loss.

In the same way, you guys are taking these threads way too seriously and, instead, letting them become heated battles where profanity and mild threats are being utilized.

So if you take this thread or others to the point where you need to use profane language and issue a threat, then you should re-evaluate your emotions.

As for past accomplishments and posting up your resume, that doesnt matter. What you did in the past does not matter...what you have done lately and will do right now is how you are judged in today's world. I dont really care who a guy worked for or where he came from, I just want to know if he can make money right now.

#35     Oct 19, 2008
  6. You don't know how to take a loss very well, do you?

#36     Oct 19, 2008
  7. Offensive behavior on ET? No way. Not here of all places.

#37     Oct 21, 2008
  8. Not offensive behavior.
    It was LIBEL. And Baron removed what was posted immediately.

How funny that you just referenced an "incident" that was 5 years ago - - - yet your ET profile says that you are a "new" member as of October 2008.

Busted.

How many aliases do you have on ET anyway???

#38     Oct 21, 2008
  9. You wouldnt have needed to contact Baron if you simply followed one of these two golden rules:

1. Play nice while you are in the pond

OR

2. Use different aliases and proxy servers to disguise your true ET identity.

I go with #2. I never use my true home IP address and port1385 is just something I made up off the top of my head. 1385 is just a random number and port has no meaning whatsoever.

You need to play poker a little more. Showing your hand through emotions and wit does not work in your favor.

#39     Oct 21, 2008
  10. Im a little disappointed that this Landis thread has commanded more views then the thread with my name on it. Come on guys.

#40     Oct 23, 2008