Landis82

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Port1385, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Oh come now. Your taking this a bit personally. We all make embarassing decisions at times and I know you wanted to get this thing off the ground. Just live with it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfGD5FgtNtY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wfGD5FgtNtY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#21     Oct 17, 2008
  2. Make the bet cunt.....

#22     Oct 17, 2008
  3. Just ignore him, Pabst. Everyone else pretty much does.

I'll continue to delete everything I see originating from him.

#23     Oct 17, 2008
  4. Thank's bro......:)

#24     Oct 17, 2008
  5. I wish that were true, Sir.

I was actually told by "Joe The Moderator" ( not to be confused with "Joe The Plumber" who incidentally owes $1200 in back taxes ) that I was found to have used "offensive" language on ET.

This "claim" was brought to my attention by "Joe The Mod" back on Monday.
    Yet, when I asked him to please SHOW me one instance of me using profanity in a post, he was unable to cite even one example.

It appears that I ruffled some "feathers" of one of the more mindless posters on ET, someone by the name of Port1385 when I ( as well as several others ) pointed out that the "cut and paste" post that he had highlighted about JPM buying out Morgan Stanley ( which he posted last Sunday ) was in fact not what the article was claiming at all. In fact, it was claiming the EXACT OPPOSITE - - - to which I replied, "Did you even read the article at all???"

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141003

I also mentioned that his reading comprehension "sucked". Hence, his complaint to a moderator here at ET earlier this week - - - not too mention this ridiculous thread that has followed 5 days later.
    Some people need to grow up and get a life.

Make no mistake about it, ET has the potential to be a terrific forum for Traders, both veterans and newbies alike. Unfortunately, most of the stuff that gets posted in the "Trading Forum" is worthless drivel that shows absolutely no insight or use of brainpower whatsoever. The "cut and paste" posters are even worse in my book. I am well aware that the "mods" here have a rather mundane and often times thankless job, but the posts of a mindless few are really bringing the vast potential of this website down in my opinion.

Have a great weekend everybody.

Signed,

"Landis82"

NYFE Floor Trader, 1984-1985, 1987-1993
    COMEX Floor Trader, 1986
    WTC RIP.

#25     Oct 17, 2008
  6. Thank You Sir.

#26     Oct 17, 2008
  7. Thank you Kurt.

#27     Oct 17, 2008
  8. Just calling it as I see it, bro. I keep a buddy list of worthwhile contributers on ET. The number of them logging in let alone posting grows smaller and smaller.......

#28     Oct 17, 2008
  9. Landis,

I understand that there is a lot of crap in the trading forum. I visit twice a day at a minimum and delete/move the crap to the appropriate place. Usually, with users like port, it's easy to spot. But reading all the threads gets a bit time consuming, so I'd simply ask that you guys feel free to PM me if you see something I miss. Sometimes, however, users post really noob questions (I do it, too). I'd simply ask that you don't jump all over them for not knowing. They are, after all, trying to learn - which is why they ask.

Thanks,

Ivan

#29     Oct 18, 2008
  10. Same exact thing has happened to me on a few occasions. One reason I almost never post here anymore.

Kept getting PM's from Joe threatening to ban me and stuff for offensive language, etc but all the while idiots like Port1385, Turder, and Timmay's multiple aliases get to run rampant with impunity.

I can't believe this thread has even been allowed to progress this far. Just another fine example of the stupidity that runs wild here. Port's stupid O2 thieving ass shouldn't even have the benefit of being allowed to have a thread like this on ET.

Wags, you're a cool dude in my book and one of the few I pay attention to here.

#30     Oct 18, 2008