Landing your plane in the Hudson River

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Port1385, Feb 6, 2009.

1. chalice

chalice

#11     Feb 12, 2009
  2. Tide31

Tide31

Careful, 'ghost bids' are very much against the rules. Unless you can convince FINRA market surveilance that you just change your mind a lot.

Can't believe this turned into a woman bashing thread. I like the initial thread starter. Like most NY'ers I have tremendous respect for 'Sully'. Guess he got his nerves from military? I tend to get really silent when things are working against me. When I hear someone smashing a phone, blaming systems and making exuses, I know he is not going to make it as a trader.

I'm usually always right:

:( . . . then . . . :eek: . . . then . . . :mad:

#12     Feb 12, 2009
  3. I thought I read that the pilot was in a mental state of not believing what was happening, therefore he didn't freak out. I have been in some weird car crashes and at the time it is happening it seems like it isn't real. Like it is a dream or something. Until after it happens of course. Then you know it was real.

#13     Feb 12, 2009
  4. I think one of the comparison points has been missed is the key to his calmness. He has trained endlessly for emergencies, he has a plan drilled into him. In flying, emergency procedures are a large chunk of training and the more advanced you go the more you know about systems, and emergency procedures and a plan has been written and studied. Although this situation in specific may not have been trained for, all the other scenarios built in the plan of action, and how to make decisions when under severe stress. Kind of like successful traders, you have a plan, and it includes fat finger accidents, power outages(in my case a f**kin semi taking out the power lines a couple blocks over...twice!), on the wrong side of a news release, etc..

#14     Feb 12, 2009