Lake Street, Capital Trading Group, and Broad Street Securities

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by JSHTrader, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Wow, the information must be quite valuable. It's too bad I can't afford it, but others will certainly want to know how the model works, and perhaps you will make a fortune by selling them the information. Best of luck, lol!

#31     Oct 3, 2011
  2. CQNC

CQNC

How about you keep yourself busy trying to figure out how the business works from the outside and leave the business of making money to the ones on the inside.

Thanks for coming out.

#32     Oct 3, 2011
  3. CQNC

CQNC

It'll cost you exactly $40,000. CAD.

#33     Oct 3, 2011
  4. For someone who claims to be on the "inside" making money, you certainly make it difficult to sign up new Class C recruits. 40k Canadian isn't too bad for joining a secret society. I'll have to pass though, and just stick to the charts. Thanks anyway.

#34     Oct 3, 2011
  5. alex fdz

alex fdz

Something fishy around broad street securities?? They have like 3 sub LLC's and, hy CNQC GETS MAD if he doesnt have nothing to hide?? Misterious....

#35     Oct 4, 2011
  6. KeLo

KeLo

#36     Apr 10, 2012
  7. They are different companies. They have lots of different offices around the world. They have about 5 or 6 broker-dealers in total.
    FINRA retail b/d, CBSX, some overseas brokerage firms too as well as now owning the company that made old Blackwood Pro platform (formerly pacmid, now called fusion.) They also run quite a few hedge funds.

As far as I know the management is separate. The owners from the canadian firm may own part of the US firm but they are run as two completely different entities. the cbsx bd and software companies are headquarted in NY but have about 20-30 different locations around the US. I might be wrong about this but I believe they're the largest prop firm (in terms of volume) in the world.

Again, I am not recommending you use them. I do trade with them, however. The prop industry used to be much more decentralized and there were a lot of completely independent firms on the street but nowadays WTS is the largest prop out there.

DISCLAIMER: I am not recommending you trade with WTS. Despite trading with them, the above statements are purely fact. Do not in any way, shape, form, scope or measure consider this any type of recommendation to trade with them. I personally enjoy trading with them; however, due your due diligence before joining any prop.

#37     Apr 11, 2012
  8. hitnrun

hitnrun

wts does not have 20-30 locations ! your exaggerating
    they are growing in the us however they have about 6 branch locations in reality

#38     Apr 11, 2012
  9. hitnrun

hitnrun

best thing to do is call wts in nyc to get the facts to be safe

you have to do your own dd with any firm you risk money with

they are ok overall then again their are numerous prop firms to consider

#39     Apr 11, 2012
  10. hitnrun,

they have 6 that they outright own but they have A LOT of sub groups. At least 25 prop groups and if you include the hedge funds it's a lot bigger. I myself didn't really believe them but they now also own dimension and all their subgroups. It's way more than 30.

#40     Apr 11, 2012