Ladies, Gentlemen, meet Neet - the Machine

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Neet, Feb 9, 2007.

1. You could start by modeling the setup that you utilize most often, test it; progress to the next, test it, etc...By doing this, you can weed out some of the lesser performers - allowing you to concentrate on the higher expectancy strategies. "Pruning", if you will.

Fortunately, setups DO repeat.

Congratulations on your recent run of success. Consider doing the homework necessary to ensure its continuity.

Prosperous trading!

#41     Feb 26, 2007
  2. I have edge in all market conditions. Thats what defines a real good system.

Give me 2002 all over again and ill make money going long only.

As far as I can backtest, my systems have never had a down year. I trade nothing less.

#42     Feb 26, 2007
  3. Neet

Neet

That's great, now open your own "machine" thread and share some tips while lifting some spirits ;)

Neet

#43     Feb 26, 2007
  4. feb2865

feb2865

He won't share anything with you 'cause you need 500 backtested trades in order to get and edge...Oh brother!!!!!

As I said, envy is part of this game

you just keep doing what you're doing and don't let idiotic comments like this discourage you by all means

#44     Mar 3, 2007
  5. Neet

Neet

Little update on the trading.

Had a very good week.

Except for Wednesday, more on that later, I had an excellent week. Even went 9 for 9 on what's usually a chaotic, option expirations day. Sometimes I find it hard to believe I can make in a month, sometimes in a week what some professionals make in a year. Got to love trading. Can you say making money in your pijamas while you watch the kids grow around you ? Priceless stuff.

I think my Achilles Heel is when the market internals favor a side strongly and all of the sudden change the sentiment without given much of a warning. I'm sure it did but I missed it. Say, from a strong bearish trend to a very strong or even stronger bullish tone, exactly what happened on Wednesday. I've noticed 90% of my losing days are related to such events. So need to work on that. Had some solid morning gains on Wednesday only to see them vanish in the afternoon. I actually deserve it as I usually lower the car size when I'm fairly up in the green and this time, I did not. On that day I failed twice, noticing the change of heart in the trend and not following proper money management. Nevertheless, lesson learned and noted in the journal.

Six losing days in 2007, the Machine is still fully functional. Can't wait for next week especially if we do enter a bearish market. I've been looking at the daily/candle charts and my god, those indexes look like they got AIDS. As I usually say, up down or sideways I will milk this market but there is something about the bearish side I prefer, maybe it's the dark side of the force, who knows but I tend to profit off the panic of others and well, panic is just crazy on the way down....although who can deny that upside move on Wednesday huh ? That was pretty wild, in fact, the pop up was stronger and faster than the morning tankage. Oh well, you live and learn, trying to remain as neutral as I can but black or white, we all have our favorite colors and my color happens to be the bearish one.

The Machine turning off.

#45     Mar 16, 2007