Ladies, Gentlemen, meet Neet - the Machine

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Neet, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Neet

Neet

Here is a quick update on my situation.

On Tuesday (first trading day after OE since Monday was a holiday) my winning streak came to an end.

It was a small loss so no real sweat. Had a real hard time adjusting to the sudden change of the trend.

This led to going against the trend (without actually noticing) and well loss the morning wins to end the day in the red for a minuscule amount. However, a loss is a loss and I'm not here to fool myself or anyone else.

However, I see it as a win because the loss was small and learned a great deal from the day and most important, myself.

I was a bit preoccupied that I could lose my momentum but the remaining week was a success. Especially Thursday, a monumental gain due to scaling in as the trend got even stronger.

I now find myself using less and less indicators everyday. In fact, I'm fairly certain I could trade without them with similar success if not better.

Just been using Pivots and Geometrics for the most past with a slight touch of volume observation.

Have a good weekend and great trading next week.

#31     Feb 24, 2007
  2. udaman' machine

#32     Feb 24, 2007
  3. Jaxon

Jaxon

#33     Feb 26, 2007

4. If only everyone were like you. More profit for me :D

#34     Feb 26, 2007

5. I have seen no evidence of that. In fact, he has already admitted he hasnt backtested his "edge".

More fooled by randomness.

Id like to see an equity curve with at least 500 trades on it before we start talking about people having an edge.

#35     Feb 26, 2007
  6. Have you asked yourself the same question?

#36     Feb 26, 2007
  7. Been there, done that, read the book, bought the t-shirt.....

July 2002 had 14 consecutive large(very) winning trades, should have started teching seminars or something like that for £5000 or so. IMO it was randomness, considering that l knewing nothing about stoploss, let alone things like expectancy.....NEVER EVER EVER LET THE MARKET DELUDE YOU FOR THE MINUTE YOU DROP GUARD YOU ARE GONE:p

#37     Feb 26, 2007
  8. Neet

Neet

Ya, it's all luck, possibly a random streak. Enjoy it while it lasts right ?

Another positive day.

:)

#38     Feb 26, 2007
  9. The machine :)

#39     Feb 26, 2007
  10. Neet

Neet

Blind,

Of course I do. I remind myself that one day I could wake up and I could go back to small profits or even losses because I got an edge ONLY in certain market conditions.

Sure man.

However, in the meantime, I'm a machine!

Neet

#40     Feb 26, 2007