Labor Dept. Banning Farm Chores For Kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I thought only Romney flip flopped.

#51     Apr 26, 2012
  2. you stupid moron. how do you think you "catch on" that it is dangerous to have loose clothing around a power takeoff?
    you dont get a second chance with something like that. in one second its all over for you.

here is what happens when a person gets caught in a pto:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBSwOS90wgQ

#52     Apr 26, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Common fucking sense, no government intrusion required.
    Well...except for leftist morons like you.

#53     Apr 26, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

HAHAHAHA

Yeah perhaps we should also ban kids from mowing the lawn, because if a kid LEAVES THE FUCKING MOWER ON while he sticks his hand in and tries to unclog some wet grass, he will lose his hand.....

This video just goes to show you how insane people like Free Thinker really are....

They really think that the government can stop every single person in the world from doing something stupid, no matter how ridiculously stupid that action may be...

Maybe next up we should ban people under the age of 30 from driving, because they could get run over by the car if they decide to change the oil while the car is on and it is still in drive.....

#54     Apr 26, 2012
  5. Max E.

Max E.

If you pause this video at 0:30 seconds you will notice that the scarecrow has a string from his sleeve tied around the PTO shaft right before he starts it....

So i guess the message in this comical Public service announcement is:

"If you are a scarecrow, Dont tie your sleeve around the PTO shaft, then lean against it, then start it"

Big Government: "Saving the world with your money, 1 strawman at a time." :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EBSwOS90wgQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#55     Apr 26, 2012
  6. I knew this would not make it past the Farm Bureau:)

#56     Apr 27, 2012
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Ill give you this one, it was a good call, I have lost all faith in government so it wasnt going to come as a shocker to me if it went through.

The funny thing is that i met a lot of small town kids who worked on farms when i was playing hockey, and they always had incredible work ethic, and they were usually the best athletes from having to do hard physical work all day.

I have seen nothing but upside from the people i have met who grew up as farm kids, quite frankly ALL kids would be better off spending a little time doing that kind of work growing up.

Its just another case where a "bright idea" from the government fucks most kids in an attempt to save an almost non existent group of kids.....

#57     Apr 27, 2012
  8. What is getting annoying to me is that Pres. Obama is making mistakes that he does not have to make. Chicago dominates the northern half of the state, Peoria dominates the southern half of the state. All he had to do to avoid the Catholic flap and this little mess is to send one of his advisors here and do something other than tour CAT.

The schools here in Peoria hate playing the surrounding county schools in football. Why? Because they hit hard, run clean plays and tackle well.

Rural folks have the kind of conservatism that most sane people can sign on to. That is what conservatism is, not this right wing crap the GOP is going get killed on this year.

BTW Achilles, nice thread.

#58     Apr 27, 2012
  9. Mav88

Mav88

It was expained to me by the farmer in plain terms, I could tell by how serious he was that it wasn't something to take any risks with.

No program needed from a never-worked-a-day-in-their-life do-gooder stupid liberal, just people using their noodle. Nobody once ever said 'I think we need a gov't intervention and a safety course' in all the time I spent around farmers.

#59     Apr 27, 2012
  10. =============
    Good shot, it hit the bullseye.

It seems some Democrats in farm states;
    and conservatives, Farm Bureau members ..simply do not want to make a God out of gov:D

FOX news reported the same thing, but used different words:D
    Democrat /grain farmer/Senator Jon Tester [MT] in a tough race for relection, ''praised the decision to withdraw the rule'':D LOL

#60     Apr 27, 2012