Labor Dept. Banning Farm Chores For Kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by achilles28, Apr 25, 2012.

1. 377OHMS

377OHMS

RCG will support any policy cooked up by Obama simply because he is black. Its all about race and wanting to punish people for slavery even though it occurred 400 years ago.

A man carrying bedpans on graveyard shift calling an accomplished electrical engineer stupid is pretty funny though. :D

#21     Apr 26, 2012
  2. Just another example of the government facilitating corporations destroying small business. You know, those little people the GOP claims to represent every time they talk about job creation.

#22     Apr 26, 2012
  3. typical et. popping off without thinking. these rules are long overdue and came about because of the numbers of children hurt and killed on farms.
    farming today is not carrying buckets of grain to feed the animasl as depicted in movies. its running large machinery and dealing with dangerous jobs, i grew up on a farm. i still remember some of the close calls i had as a kid.
    do you really think kids under 14 should be running dangerous machinery or working around 2000 lb livestock?

Under the proposed rules, according to the Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation, someone under 18 would not be allowed to do many chores for a neighbor or even their own family's farm if it's set up as a corporation or a business partnership.

Today, many family farms are legally structured as corporations or partnerships.

"It could take away a lot of opportunity," said Mayer, who also is executive director of Professional Dairy Producers of Wisconsin.

Under the proposed regulations:

• Anyone under age 16 could not operate any power-driven machines unless the child was under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
    • Youngsters would be prohibited from handling noncastrated livestock older than 6 months, sows with suckling pigs or cows with a newborn calf. They also could not be in situations where an animal's behavior might be unpredictable, such as giving shots, dehorning or breeding.
    • Youngsters would not be allowed to work inside any grain silo, fruit or forage storage bin, nor would they be allowed to handle pesticides. Also, they would not be allowed to work at heights above 6 feet from a floor, including working on ladders.
    • The new regulations would prohibit teenagers from talking on cellphones or texting while operating a tractor.
    Nationwide, a child is killed in an agricultural work site every 3½ days, and 41 young people suffer serious farm injuries each day, according to data through 2009 from the National Children's Center for Rural and Agricultural Health and Safety.
    http://m.jsonline.com/more/news/wisconsin/134368758.htm

#23     Apr 26, 2012
  4. What is most terrible is that they are going to get away with it.:mad:

The family farmers know that, in the end, they will run out of resources and time. I am like achilles here, who to tell? Who would care? Even in a city like Peoria where twenty miles out of the city limits is corn in all directions, no one seems to really care. CAT had record profits. Woohoo!:(

#24     Apr 26, 2012
  5. pspr

pspr

RCG was raised, like many black kids, to be racist and expect special treatment and entitlement. Until they stop perpetuating this mind set they will remain the democrat's whipping boy.

#25     Apr 26, 2012

6. This is all good FT, and maybe I am too close to this situation, but I gotta ask, on a family farm, what business is it of theirs on how they grow their produce?

My standard argument of use of public services does not even apply here. Many farms are off the power and water grids altogether, and county roads actually cut thru what would be considered their land.

How can the government tell them what to do?

#26     Apr 26, 2012
  7. As if you know how black kids are raised, moron. Get a life.

#27     Apr 26, 2012
  8. Training does not equal education, dumbass.

And yea, any man who is racist and believes women should not vote is prima facie, stupid.

Engineers are CNA's of their industry, you have no power or say so, you get a task, you finish it, or they will find someone who will. I walked away from that idiotic crap in the 80's, and now, I can work anywhere in nation, if not the world. Can you say the same? Again, 377, you are putting your foot in your mouth again, and are about to do it with your own words.

#28     Apr 26, 2012
  9. pspr

pspr

I don't suppose you would believe that I was raised as a black child? :D

#29     Apr 26, 2012
  10. pspr

pspr

Engineers are usually the ones who become upper management.

But, alas, you are correct. There are opportunities through out the world for those willing to clean up vomit and shit and willingly wade into the excrement to change a bedpan or bathe an invalid. It takes a special person to do that day in and day out.

#30     Apr 26, 2012