LA Times going to the mat for their boy Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Gord

Gord

Here's an interesting quote from Obama:

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

#21     Oct 29, 2008
  2. Was this a "neighborhood" dinner?

OldTrader

#22     Oct 29, 2008
  3. I'm sure you must be right. Meeting with is not supporting. So let's hear the tape. It will simply confirm what you're saying.

OldTrader

#23     Oct 29, 2008

4. Absolutely!

Here is the list: ( List taken from previous post on ET by Gord-- Thanks for your work.)

Frank Marshall Davis
    Michelle Obama
    Saul Alinsky
    Acorn
    Tony Rezko
    William Ayers
    Bernadine Dohrn
    Jeremiah Wright
    Jeremiah Wright's church
    Khalid al-Mansour
    Rashid Khalidi
    Father Flager
    Raila Odinga
    Franklin Raines/Jim Johnson
    Louis Farrakhan

With this in mind, I was thinking about how many people I know that would be on a list like this. Or, even how many friends or people I know that know friends or acquaintances that would be on a list like this. Answer: None.

This brings to me another thought: What are the probabilities that one man alone would have this many radical friends that hate America but claims that he wants to help Americans have a better life?

Maybe some of you statisticians can help out with this.

#24     Oct 29, 2008
  5. Just a few folks getting together with POT-luck dishes. All vegan I'm sure.....:p

#25     Oct 29, 2008
  6. Gord

Gord

You're welcome. :)

#26     Oct 29, 2008
  7. When I want shit from you, I'll squeeze your head, okay? I was merely quoting from the very link that TGregg posted. HE posted that link. As for accepting "everything at face value," you are nothing but a Karl Rove wet dream.

#27     Oct 29, 2008
  8. GUILT-BY-ASSOCIATION WATCH.... Apparently, some years back, as part of his career in academia, Barack Obama attended a going-away party for Columbia University professor Rashid Khalidi, a Palestinian American.

John McCain and his campaign have joined right-wing bloggers in thinking there's something sinister about Obama having known Khalidi, who conservatives insist was an aide to Yasser Arafat -- a claim that has not stood up well to scrutiny.

As long as McCain wants to go down this road, though it's probably worth fleshing out his own ties to the same professor.

During the 1990s, while he served as chairman of the International Republican Institute (IRI), McCain distributed several grants to the Palestinian research center co-founded by Khalidi, including one worth half a million dollars.

A 1998 tax filing for the McCain-led group shows a $448,873 grant to Khalidi's Center for Palestine Research and Studies for work in the West Bank. (See grant number 5180, "West Bank: CPRS" on page 14 of this PDF.)

The relationship extends back as far as 1993, when John McCain joined IRI as chairman in January. Foreign Affairs noted in September of that year that IRI had helped fund several extensive studies in Palestine run by Khalidi's group, including over 30 public opinion polls and a study of "sociopolitical attitudes."

Now, just to be clear, what's wrong with McCain having directed thousands of dollars in grants to Khalidi's research center? Not a thing. As far as I can tell, no one has questioned Khalidi's scholarship or the work of the Center for Palestine Research and Studies.

McCain and his cohorts, however, believe there's a lingering scandal about Obama having gone to Khalidi's going-away party some years back. The hypocrisy is breathtaking, even for them.

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2008_10/015427.php

#28     Oct 29, 2008
  9. fhl

fhl

Speaking of Karl Rove, all I knew about him was that he was an evil, behind the scenes, scorched earth, liar and propagandist. Well, that's what the media told me, and since he didn't come out to play very often, how would I decide for myself.

Well, he is out and about now, he shows up regularly on tv, and to my surprise he is one of the most thoughtful and considerate commentators around, imo.

:D

#29     Oct 29, 2008
  10. Really? How delightful. I heard that Ted Bundy was also quite an engaging fellow when he chose to be.

#30     Oct 29, 2008