LA downgraded by Moodys - California riskier than Kazakhstan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Dogfish, Apr 7, 2010.

1. hell yes. lets cut education in california. that is so funny coming from a guy that believes some grey haired old guy in the sky picked up a handfull of dirt and created man from it 6000 years ago. then this greyhaired old man sent a talking snake to trick the man into eating an apple which of course pissed the old guy off so he kicked them out into the street.

#31     Apr 7, 2010
  2. Rank of worst performing administrations by real, per capita, debt adjusted growth in GDP, since WWII, annualized:

Bush I: -6.27% (that's a big minus sign, in case you missed it)
    Bush II: -4,03%
    Reagan: -3.25%

#32     Apr 7, 2010
  3. jem

jem

My wife just got disability check from CA for 2600 bucks.

She was out of work because she was pregnant. But the funny thing is even before she went out officially she was hardly working. 1 or 2 days a month part time as a fill in to keep her license.

I can not even imagine the give aways which must be going on in the welfare system and the rest of the healthcare systems.

Crazy pensions. 180,000 dollar a year cops and firemen. ( I know them. I am not joking. includes overtime.)

Overpaid D.A.s, Judges and bailiffs.

Elementary school principles making six figure plus ridiculous benefits.

The whole state budget is a total joke.

But I do love the weather.

80 degrees sunny - no humidity at 4 pm. Kids playing golf. Just got home. House to myself.

#33     Apr 7, 2010
  4. "...CA is riskier than Kazakhstan" - no big deal. if it become riskier than Kyrgyzstan than i will start worrying.

[​IMG]

#34     Apr 7, 2010
  5. California has 12% of the nation's population and 33% of all the welfare recipients.

#35     Apr 7, 2010
  6. Amazing... if true. Do you have a source for that stat?

#36     Apr 7, 2010
  7. Wow, not only are you a religious idiot, but just an idiot in general.

My mother taught middle school for 30 years. Her class sizes when she started were 25 to 30. Now they are 45 to 50! And you want to make them go from 90 to 100?

If you think the stupifying downfall of our education was bad from 1970 to 2000, then you aint seen nothin yet. Follow the religious whacko's advice.

#37     Apr 7, 2010
  8. Ya I agree with you.. get rid of min wage.. and that's it there are to many artifical price caps created by govt with no source of revenue to support it... So if they won't have deflation you will see stagflation followed by possible hyper inflation.

#38     Apr 7, 2010
  9. clacy

clacy

Either you are lying or your mom is lying, or you don't have your facts straight. I don't believe your claim. I would imagine that there are VERY FEW schools in the US that have higher average class size than 30/class.................

http://www.laalmanac.com/education/ed09.htm

#39     Apr 7, 2010
  10. clacy

clacy

Average class size is down significantly in the US in the past 40 years, as well as $/pupil is up, yet our average HS grad cannot even tell you the three branches of government.

Class sizes are also larger in private schools as opposed to public schools, yet private students trounce public students on standardized tests, graduation rates, college degrees, etc.

#40     Apr 7, 2010