LA downgraded by Moodys - California riskier than Kazakhstan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Dogfish, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Californians elected an actor to run the state.........enough said.

#21     Apr 7, 2010
  2. good points. It just seems like politicians want the status quo to continue until the economy is already falling off the cliff. Then, all of a sudden, the real size of the problem is seen when the "rescuers" arrive to save the day. Greece (with the CDS to hide tons of debt) is a great example of this.

#22     Apr 7, 2010
  3. longleaf

longleaf

It's not the first time they'd ever done that. And the previous one went on to become President.

#23     Apr 7, 2010
  4. I'd like to see Meg Whitman get elected and see what she would/could do... and perhaps be a model for the US as a whole...

#24     Apr 7, 2010
  5. TGregg

TGregg

Exactly. Then what? That's what everybody is trying to figure out. Once Then what? is figured out, one can position to protect themselves, if not profit from it. It'll suck to be part of the herd during Then what? Tough to feel any real pity for them though, since the herd is composed mostly of DFIs who caused the problem in the first place.

#25     Apr 7, 2010
  6. TGregg

TGregg

I wonder how big our allowance from Uncle Sam will be once Then what? gets here.

#26     Apr 7, 2010
  7. ....and a damn good one at that....

....name me one elected pol that is not an "actor"....what do you think a lawyer is?.....

#27     Apr 7, 2010
  8. bozwood

bozwood

Oh, you mean like the last time they were in power?

#28     Apr 7, 2010
  9. Yes, like the last time when the were in power and EFF'D UP! The Repubs need to straighten up and start repairing the damage.

From your sarcasm, sounds like you are in favor of Obama's actions, that right?

#29     Apr 7, 2010
  10. News Flash! It's gonna suck for everybody... including 99% of those who are thinking they will cleverly avoid the carnage and not be among the body count...

#30     Apr 7, 2010