LA downgraded by Moodys - California riskier than Kazakhstan

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Dogfish, Apr 7, 2010.

1. My guess is the Feds will keep giving them money until our financial system implodes. California can't be allowed to fail, and they WON'T cut spending... at least not enough to do any real good.. especially if they keep getting Fed money.

#11     Apr 7, 2010
  2. 377OHMS

377OHMS

California will continue to develop into Liberal Disneyland and will build high-speed rail to nowhere and fund entire cities as sanctuary for illegal immigration and you people in flyover country will pay for it all.

Taxes will not be increased. Spending will not be decreased. California will become permanently insolvent and will be subsidized by the fools, erm I mean citizens who live in the rest of the country.

We've got a liberal president and liberal congress who are going to make sure you pay every cent we have coming. :D

#12     Apr 7, 2010
  3. GTS

GTS

California = Too Big To Fail

#13     Apr 7, 2010
  4. Which is why America needs for the Dems to lose the House in November... somebody has to tone down the spending... mandate some cuts, even.

#14     Apr 7, 2010
  5. TGregg

TGregg

LOL. Neither of the two major parties are interested in cuts, sadly. Both are huge fans of bigger government. One is also a fan of lots bigger government.

#15     Apr 7, 2010
  6. *heavy sigh*.. I understand. But what are they going to do... just keep escalating deficits on social spending, government workers salaries and benefits, a few wars... until we implode? THEN what?

#16     Apr 7, 2010
  7. reset button....:D

#17     Apr 7, 2010
  8. Sure, but we won't LIKE it... Foreigners whose money wasn't destroyed in our collapse, however, will LOVE IT... and we'll be fighting each other for the chance to do the laundry and clean the toilets of our new owners. :mad:

#18     Apr 7, 2010
  9. Kazakhstan has Oil.

California has Silicon

Oil is worth more than silicon. :D

#19     Apr 7, 2010
  10. olias

olias

You're definitely on the right track. But even with the deficit, any time government tries to cut spending on anything.(particularly education)...you get protesters up the ying yang bitching about how the government is full of assholes who don't care about 'the kids'. The rest of us need to step up and rebuke these fools as loudly as possible. It's called a 'necessary evil'. The more important of those two words is 'necessary'. There's no arguing that spending has to be cut. I suppose they should try to do it across as many areas and as evenly as possible. Actually Arnold could probably do a better job of getting the message out that budget cuts are necessary. It's gonna suck for a lot of people for a while, but it's necessary....and it's gonna suck either way. Time for some leadership. I think Arnold is actually waiting for federal bailout so he doesn't have to make the tough choices. Not that it's totally up to him, but I think he could try harder.

#20     Apr 7, 2010