L1 and L2 data stream question

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by ScoobyStoo, Sep 25, 2009.

1. RobertG

RobertG

Hi Guys, I am new to NinjaTrader and Rithmic as a feed.
    I have opened an account with www.optimusfutures.com because they said they do provide the Rithmic feed. But, when I opened my NinjaTrader platform I had to choose vision financial as a feed.

I just wanted to be sure that it's actually Rithmic as they told me.
    They said they use the FCM name instead of the name Rithmic itself.

So far no complaints, all works well, but I wanted to make sure I am getting what is everyone bragging about. I see Jonathan's comments are here, who is from Rithmic, so I would appreciate his comments here about this and the broker of choice.

Best,

RobertG

#21     Jan 18, 2010
  2. jjw

jjw ET Sponsor

When Ninja connects to Vision Financial it connects to a Rithmic system.

#22     Jan 18, 2010

3. Is there any advantage about using NT w/ Rithmic feed if the bottleneck is ninja itself (granularity of just 1 sec, etc)?
    :confused:

#23     Jan 19, 2010
  4. RobertG

RobertG

from all the feeds I have tried, Rithmic has been best so far.
    I have never heard of that feed before until the broker told me about it. work well.

#24     Feb 25, 2010
  5. MGB

MGB

#25     Feb 25, 2010
  6. #26     Feb 25, 2010
  7. RobertG

RobertG

I suggest that you ask the guys at Optimus Trading Groupwww.optimusfutures.com/rithmic.htm to hook you up with Rithmic API. This is what I use with them in my NinjaTrader as well. They have told me that you can host on Rithmic hosting servers as well. I was considering that once I have my programming configured.

#27     Sep 26, 2010
  8. is rythimc api available for review before you actualy become the customer?

#28     Oct 15, 2010
  9. RobertG

RobertG

yes, they do provide it.

#29     Oct 20, 2010